Highgate's Fair in the Square cancelled for 2021
- Credit: Archant
The annual Fair in the Square in Highgate has been cancelled - yet another event to fall by the wayside from Covid-19.
Though organisers had hoped to hold it on Sunday June 12, the team behind the festival felt it was no longer prudent to host it in 2021.
The event usually sees thousands flock to Pond Square and South Grove where there are stalls, activities for families, and a range of performances from local groups.
In a statement, the organising committee said: "Sadly, we have decided it would be prudent not to hold the Fair this year."
The committee added that instead its thoughts have turned to 2022.
It continued: "We apologise for any disappointment this may cause but we hope to put on a very special Fair on 11 June 2022 for everyone to enjoy. Hope to see you there!”
You may also want to watch:
The Fair in the Square - which was also cancelled in 2020 - always includes a sheep show, and provides an opportunity for local charities to fundraise.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Alexandra Palace turns down request for green mast to mark Grenfell
- 6 Estate agent takes on 420km cycling challenge for British Asian Trust
- 7 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 8 Amazon Fresh convenience 'store without tills' opens in Chalk Farm
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Highgate art gallery to become a dentist as rents and pandemic take a toll