Eleven things to do at the 2021 Highgate Festival
- Credit: Archant
The annual community festival gets underway tomorrow (Sat) with nine days of live and virtual events. Several are cancelled due to the delay in lifting Covid restrictions, and a few are sold out. We choose some highlights.
Festival Opening Pond Square June 19.
From 12-1 the Pearly Kings and Queens will get the festival underway with a bike ride down Swains Lane to Lauderdale House.
Boogaloo Radio Takeover and Yard Sale June 19.
From12-6pm there's a yard sale with vintage and craft makers and an all day festival takeover of the Archway Road venue's radio station.
You may also want to watch:
Crazy Clay Creatures Workshop Parkland Walk, June 19.
2-4pm Creative family fun at The Wildlife Trail, Parkland Walk (Highgate end)
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
OmVed Gardens open house and Father's Day drawing June 20.
Highgate's beautiful greenhouse event space and gardens are open to visitors with two creative drawing workshops at 11am and 2pm.
Historic Jewish Highgate walk June 20.
2.30-4pm Peter Walton leads this popular walk starting at Cromwell House, 104 Highgate Hill.
Gardener's Tea Time June 22.
At 4pm Conservation charity Heath Hands marks the 150th anniversary of the act that protected Hampstead Heath
Music in the Evening Highgate School June 22.
6.30-8pm Korros Ensemble play in the school chapel
Highgate Histories at Lauderdale House June 23.
8-10pm Blacktooth Productions explore the comedy and rich history of Highgate.
Keats Meets Coleridge Guided Walk June 26
2.30pm at Keats House Hampstead, exploring the real life meeting of two great poets.
Sir Mark Elder and John Caird in Conversation Lauderdale House June 27.
4-5pm the great British conductor and stage director (co-director of musical theatre juggernaut Les Miserables) share their thoughts at the arts centre in Waterlow Park.
Ensemble Luce at Highgate United Reformed Church June 26.
7.30-8.30pm the Highgate based outfit has Mozart, Schubert, Rossini and Beethoven in their repertoire.