Crouch End Craft Fair to fundraise for 'secret resource' Shepherds Cot Trust
- Credit: Patsy Nightingale
Crouch End Craft Fair is set to return on Saturday, October 9, raising money for Shepherds Cot Trust.
The area of woodland, nature trails and playing fields between Highgate and Crouch End relies on donations to fund its activities and maintenance.
Organiser Patsy Nightingale said many people don't know about the "magnificent" green space on their doorsteps.
She told the Ham&High: "It's like a secret resource that Crouch End has.
"I regularly come across local people who have no idea it's even there, and they should, because it's a really special area."
You may also want to watch:
Patsy, who became a ceramicist when she retired, is hoping for sunshine on the day to entice locals to the fair.
Almost 30 stall-holders are expected, offering jewellery, ceramics, cakes and alcohol.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 6 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
Stalls include homeware boutique, The Onion Studio, San Japanese ceramics and homemade cards by Liz Stokes.
"There's an amazing amount of talent in our area," Patsy said.
"I hope lots of people come along to enjoy it."