Craig Revel Horwood to channel Miss Hannigan in Annie
- Credit: Archant
The Camden Town dancer is taking over the role from Miranda Hart in September
Craig Revel Horwood is to take over the role of Miss Hannigan in Annie on the West End.
From September 18 to Novemeber 26, the Camden Town dancer, director and actor is replacing Miranda Hart for a 10 week run – though not on Saturdays, as he’ll be returning to judge the 15th series of Strictly Come Dancing.
He received critical acclaim when he first played the part in Nikolai Foster’s touring production of Annie.
“I am so pleased to be returning to the West End, especially to a role I had such a brilliant time performing on tour,” he says. “Miss Hannigan is evil, sassy and fab-u-lous. It will be a real challenge for me not to take her man-hungry, wicked ways to the Strictly judging panel each Saturday night - though I am sure my fellow judges will keep me in check! I can’t wait to get started.”
You may also want to watch:
He is no stranger to the West End, having performed the role of Munkustrap in Cats, Harry in Crazy for You and was Dance Captain in Miss Saigon.
Booking at the Piccadilly Theatre has been extended to February 2018.
- 1 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 2 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business