Competition: Win free tickets to see Leonard Cohen at the O2
- Credit: submitted
Montréal-born singer songwriter Leonard Cohen will be playing a one-off gig in London his month
The celebrated 78-year-old first emerged as a major and influential talent in the early 60’s.
Albums like Songs Of Leonard Cohen, Songs Of Love And Hate and I’m Your Man right up to 1992’s The Future, 2001’s Ten New Songs and 2004’s Dear Heather are considered classics.
His songs have been famously covered by the great and the good, each version an attempt to move closer to Cohen’s enigmatic muse, from Judy Collins’ “Suzanne” to Jeff Buckley’s seminal rendition of “Hallelujah” - later covered by XFactor winner Alexandra Burke.
U2, REM, Sting, Nick Cave, Rufus Wainwright and the late Johnny Cash are among other famous devotees.
It is estimated that his songbook has been covered more than 1,330 times by other recording artists.
The Ham&high has five pairs of tickets for Cohen’s gig at the O2 arena on September 15 to give away.
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 6 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 7 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 8 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 9 Go fish: Anglers complain of limited access to Heath ponds
- 10 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
To be in with a chance of winning please answer the following question: Which country is Leonard Cohen from?
You can email you answer to email@example.com
Closing date is September 9 at noon.