Competition: Win free tickets to see Leonard Cohen at the O2
- Credit: submitted
Montréal-born singer songwriter Leonard Cohen will be playing a one-off gig in London his month
The celebrated 78-year-old first emerged as a major and influential talent in the early 60’s.
Albums like Songs Of Leonard Cohen, Songs Of Love And Hate and I’m Your Man right up to 1992’s The Future, 2001’s Ten New Songs and 2004’s Dear Heather are considered classics.
His songs have been famously covered by the great and the good, each version an attempt to move closer to Cohen’s enigmatic muse, from Judy Collins’ “Suzanne” to Jeff Buckley’s seminal rendition of “Hallelujah” - later covered by XFactor winner Alexandra Burke.
U2, REM, Sting, Nick Cave, Rufus Wainwright and the late Johnny Cash are among other famous devotees.
You may also want to watch:
It is estimated that his songbook has been covered more than 1,330 times by other recording artists.
The Ham&high has five pairs of tickets for Cohen’s gig at the O2 arena on September 15 to give away.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
To be in with a chance of winning please answer the following question: Which country is Leonard Cohen from?
You can email you answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is September 9 at noon.