Tickets go on sale for Christmas at Kenwood
Julia Gregory LDRS
- Credit: Christmas at Kenwood
A licence has been agreed for a winter light trail at Kenwood House this Christmas and tickets are now on sale.
The 1.4km Christmas at Kenwood attraction promises a “multi-sensory mix of light, fire and sound”, according to events company Kilimanjaro Live Ltd.
Adult tickets will cost between £21.50 off peak and £24.75 at peak times, with child tickets going for £14 and £17. There are also VIP packages.
Tickets are available from christmasatkenwood.com
Although a planning application remains pending, the attraction's application for an alcohol licence was given the green light by Camden Council on Tuesday.
One resident wrote about concerns that the lights “seem to project into the night sky, [and] this could have the potential to become light pollution”. But the company told the hearing: “It is not our intention to shine lights into the sky as part of the attraction.”
Christmas at Kenwood includes food stalls and two bars, though organisers are not now intending to include craft stalls.
It is expected that fewer than 5,000 people will be there at any one time.
The licence allows alcohol to be served from 11am to 11.30pm on Mondays to Saturdays and from 11am to 10.30pm on Sundays.
- 1 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 2 Missing pet rabbit found by chance tip by stranger 'lucky to be alive'
- 3 Hampstead school removes sanctioned oligarch's name from pavilion
- 4 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 5 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 6 Call to make road safer after car crash between Highgate and Crouch End
- 7 Jailed: 'Brazen' cannabis sweet dealers sentenced
- 8 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 9 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 10 Car overturned in Highgate crash
A planning application remains pending for the temporary attraction, which is planned for November 26 to January 9.