CAMERON CARPENTER COMPETITION: Win a box at the Royal Albert Hall
Join flamboyant young American organist, Cameron Carpenter, in his UK debut at the Royal Albert Hall. Labelled the The Maverick Organist by The New York Times, Cameron is a born showman who will take you on a musical journey with a repertoire that spans t
Join flamboyant young American organist, Cameron Carpenter, in his UK debut at the Royal Albert Hall. Labelled the The Maverick Organist by The New York Times, Cameron is a born showman who will take you on a musical journey with a repertoire that spans the organ and piano literature through original compositions, film scores and improvisations influenced by folk song, jazz, disco and pop.
The Ham&High is offering you and seven friends the chance to attend this one-off show on Tuesday October 23, in your own private box at the historic venue.
You and your friends can join Cameron as he pushes the limits of what is physically performable on the organ, and hear the music from Harry Potter as you've never heard it before.
Cameron's repertoire spans the organ and piano literature, his original compositions, film scores, and improvisations influenced by folk song, jazz, disco and pop.
You may also want to watch:
The programme is expected to include works by Chopin, Liszt, and Bach as well as Hedwig's Theme and other works by John Williams from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
His recital will also feature big screen video projection to provide a close up view of the organ console during the performance.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
To win, answer the following question.
Who described Cameron Carpenter as "The Maverick Organist"?
a. The New York Times.
b.The Washington Post.
c. The Times Of Your Life.
Send your answer to email@example.com by noon tomorrow (Friday), with Cameron Carpenter competition in the subject line. Be sure to put in a daytime telephone number.