CAMERON CARPENTER COMPETITION: Win a box at the Royal Albert Hall
Join flamboyant young American organist, Cameron Carpenter, in his UK debut at the Royal Albert Hall. Labelled the The Maverick Organist by The New York Times, Cameron is a born showman who will take you on a musical journey with a repertoire that spans t
Join flamboyant young American organist, Cameron Carpenter, in his UK debut at the Royal Albert Hall. Labelled the The Maverick Organist by The New York Times, Cameron is a born showman who will take you on a musical journey with a repertoire that spans the organ and piano literature through original compositions, film scores and improvisations influenced by folk song, jazz, disco and pop.
The Ham&High is offering you and seven friends the chance to attend this one-off show on Tuesday October 23, in your own private box at the historic venue.
You and your friends can join Cameron as he pushes the limits of what is physically performable on the organ, and hear the music from Harry Potter as you've never heard it before.
Cameron's repertoire spans the organ and piano literature, his original compositions, film scores, and improvisations influenced by folk song, jazz, disco and pop.
You may also want to watch:
The programme is expected to include works by Chopin, Liszt, and Bach as well as Hedwig's Theme and other works by John Williams from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
His recital will also feature big screen video projection to provide a close up view of the organ console during the performance.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
To win, answer the following question.
Who described Cameron Carpenter as "The Maverick Organist"?
a. The New York Times.
b.The Washington Post.
c. The Times Of Your Life.
Send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon tomorrow (Friday), with Cameron Carpenter competition in the subject line. Be sure to put in a daytime telephone number.