Build your own handbag at Crouch End’s O Bag Factory
- Credit: Archant
A new handbag shop lets its customers decided what kind of bag they want to buy, finds Caron Westbrook.
Do you ever feel bored with your collection of watches? Maybe you’re a handbag kind of girl and you get the same feeling there too. If you’ve yet to discover the O Bag Factory in Crouch End, you’re about to have one thought: “Why didn’t anyone think of this before?” Well Marcia Robinson, 43, the country’s first O Bag Factory franchisee has the answer.
Marcia fell in love with the Italian brand of customisable fashion accessories after buying her first O Bag (yellow with black rope handles) The USP is that - much like those kiddy heaven build-a-bear workshops - their watches and bags are custom made to order. They provide the basics: you create something that’s uniquely you.
The bag collection has a variety of options to choose from, including mini, standard, basket, pocket and beach bags.
The same applies with watches – just select the dial and strap combo you like and there you have your own personal watch design.
You may also want to watch:
The great thing about the signature O Bags is you can change the design whenever you like. Bags are comprised of different elements; bodies, handles, inner canvas sections and trims. All you have to do is check out the current range, buy what you like and create something completely new.
The website allows the business to reach a huge number of customers. However if you live in North London you should visit them at 15 Topsfield Parade, Crouch End to see their range in person and take part in the unique shopping experience.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
And if all that wasn’t enough, you can also look at their range of big flower and slim flower bracelets in an impressive range of 20 colours.
These look superb paired with the O clock watches. All in all a great way to stand out from the crowd and show off your unique style. If you’ve ever walked past someone else with the same bag as you, you’ll know how disappointing it can be. Yet with so many different options available in the O Bag range, there is almost no chance of this happening again. When you consider the ease with which you can change your design, perhaps for a holiday, a different season or a new look, you get even more value for money.
Finally the website offers a photo wall that provides a whole host of ideas and inspiration for creating your own watch or bag. If you do decide to give the store a visit, just find the famous clock tower and look underneath it – the store is right there.
Owned and operated by Marcia Robinson, it fits in well among the other boutique stores in Crouch End and yet stands out at the same time.
If that kind of thing suits you, perhaps it’s about time you paid it a visit.
Visit obagnorthlondon.co.uk or call 0207 9934260