Art exhibition: John Duffin, Catto Gallery, Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Artist caputres the moods of London life in dramatic angular style
John Duffin’s oil paintings are a “positive reflection of life in our city during these changing times”.
Capturing the moods of London life in dramatic angular style, his latest exhibition at The Catto Gallery includes views from Primrose and Parliament Hill, and Hampstead scenes such as the Tube station and Isokon flats in Lawn Road.
“The show is not only taking place in Hampstead but also features large paintings and prints of the area with a focus on the high viewpoints across London from Primrose Hill, Parliament Hill,” he says.
“There are also images of stations pubs and bars which show the city at different times of the year, and day, reflecting the moods and atmospheres of London life. They are based on my own life in the city, from student to adulthood experiencing the energy and vivacity of the capital.
You may also want to watch:
“Like many Londoners I have lived my work and personal life out against the backdrop of the city. Its public spaces, tube and train stations have all been sites of meetings, departures and poignant moments. It is these times that I return to and I use the intensity and transience of urban life as the catalyst in my work.”
At the Catto Gallery, 100 Heath Street, December 1 to 22. cattogallery.co.uk
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 7 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal