The Ham & High FAQ’s
You can find below the answers to the most frequently asked questions about your subscription. If there’s anything else you’d like to ask, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01858 438840 and a member of our friendly Customer Services team will be happy to help.
When will I be sent my first issue?
Once you’ve subscribed, you will receive your first issue within 9 days of placing your order. In most cases you will receive the next available issue, meaning a much shorter wait, however if you ordered on a Tuesday or Wednesday you will receive the following week’s issue.
I have not been receiving my issues. Why?
If you have an active print subscription, taken out over 9 days ago and have not been receiving issues, please email email@example.com or call 01858 438840 and a member of our Customer Service team will look into this for you.
We will happily extend your subscription period for any issues you have missed.
Print subscription – vouchers:
Some of our subscribers opted for a voucher scheme when they subscribed. Through this scheme, they receive vouchers in the post and use these to purchase their issues at a shop. If you opted for home delivery, you don’t require vouchers and this section isn’t relevant to you.
When will I be sent my vouchers?
Once you’ve subscribed, you will receive your vouchers within 7 working days of placing your order.
I have not received my vouchers.
If you have not received your vouchers after 7 days of subscribing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01858 438840 and a member of our Customer Service team will look into this for you.
Where can I use my vouchers?
You can use your vouchers at any retailer who stocks The Ham & High.
How do I use my vouchers?
There is a barcode on each voucher which the retailer will scan against the relevant weeks issue. You simply need to hand your voucher to the retailer in exchange for a copy of the paper.
I am going on holiday/will not be in the area to use my voucher – Can I use them when I return?
Unfortunately, vouchers can only be redeemed against the specific issue assigned. If you are unable to collect a specific issue, we recommend passing this to your local retailer in advance and asking them to save you a copy for when you return. Alternatively, you may wish to pass on your voucher to a neighbour or friend who may enjoy the copy in your absence.
I forgot to use my voucher on a previous week - what do I do now?
Unfortunately, vouchers are not transferable to other weeks, so you will not be able to use the voucher on another issue.
How do I read the Ham & High online?
How do I download the app?
- Open the Apple App Store or Google Play store on your device.
- Search for “Ham & High”.
- Download the App by clicking on the download button.
How do I login?
If you have purchased a digital subscription within the app itself, you won’t need to login as your subscription purchase will be linked to your Apple or Google Play account and will keep you logged in.
If you have purchased a digital subscription via our subscription’s website or over the phone, you can login by entering your login details when prompted. This will be your Surname and Account Number which can be found in the Welcome email you received when you took out your subscription.
Once logged in you will have full access to all editions and content within the app, including our extensive archive of past issues.
How do I access the latest news within the app?
Upon opening the app you will see the latest news articles on the main News screen.
- Swipe your finger up to view more articles and tap any article to open it.
- Once in the article you can navigate between articles by swiping left or right or using the Prev and Next buttons on the bottom menu bar.
- You can return to the main News screen at any point by tapping the back arrow found in the left of the top menu bar.
How do I read my weekly editions?
- Open the app and tap the ‘Paper’ button in the bottom navigation bar to load the editions window.
- Click the cover image of the issue you wish to read to open it.
- To move between pages, swipe left or right on the screen or use the Page Viewer accessible by tapping the centre of the bottom navigation bar.
- To zoom in on specific content simply pinch to zoom with two fingers.
- To enjoy a mobile optimised reading experience, simply tap any article and it will open in our new mobile article viewer.
- When in the optimised article view you can navigate between articles by swiping left or right or using the Prev and Next buttons on the bottom menu bar.
- To return to the standard page view, tap the back arrow found in the left of the top menu bar.
How do I view editions when I am not connected to the internet?
You can download editions to your device when you are online and save them to view when you are offline – please follow the instructions below regarding how to download an edition.
How do I download an edition?
- Open the app
- On the Paper screen, tap the download button below the edition you wish to download.
- Once downloaded, your editions can be found in the 'My Content' section by tapping the 'My Content' button.
How do I delete downloaded editions?
- Open the app
- Tap the 'My Content' button to go to the 'My Content' section of the app and locate your downloaded editions.
- Tap the 'Delete' button under the edition you wish to delete.
The App is not responding, how do I resolve this?
- Exit the App by pressing the Home button on your device
- Open up the list of running Apps (Tap the square button on Android devices – Double tap home button on Apple devices)
- Locate the App and swipe to close.
- Return to the home screen by tapping the 'Home' button.
- Open the App again
If the problem persists, please try the following;
- Open the App and tap the ‘Settings’ button.
- Select ‘App Settings’ and then tap ‘Data Usage and Clear Cache’.
- If the problem still persists there may have been a problem during the installation of the App. In this case, please try deleting the App from your device and reinstalling it from the App Store.
Will the App work on my device?
Our apps are designed to work on the vast majority of Apple and Android phones and tablets.