Zubair Khan pleased with another successful London Open Squash Championships
- Credit: Archant
Declan James scooped the men’s crown while Amanda Landers-Murphy was the winner in the women’s competition at Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club
Tournament director Zubair Khan hailed The London Open Squash 2017 Championships a great success after it ended on Sunday.
The event, which took place at Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club on Alvanley Gardens, started on November 28 and concluded on December 3.
World number 40 Declan James, who was the number two seed, saw off top seed Tom Richards (world number 35) in the men’s final on Sunday.
In the women’s event, number one seed Emily Whitlock, 12 in the world, unfortunately had to pull out of the final due to injury, so New Zealander Amanda Landers-Murphy took the crown in West Hampstead.
You may also want to watch:
Khan, a former world number eight in the sport, said: “It’s been a great week with brilliant matches and it was a successful tournament.
“We had great support from the crowd and as tournament director, I would like to thank the spectators and all of my sponsors like Aspect Capital and many others. Hopefully 2018 will be even bigger.”
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
As well as Aspect Capital, Afghan Connection, Heathcote & Ivory and Hellman & Friedman LC helped support the annual event.
One-time world number two Hiddy Jahan was a special guest at the tournament while Aspect Capital CEO Anthony Todd again offered his support.