ZFW Fencing Club aim to win third successive title at British Men’s Team Foil Championships
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead-based ZFW Fencing Club are sending three senior teams to compete in the British Men’s Team Foil Championships in Hendon on Sunday, bidding to win the title for a third successive year.
ZFW will once again be led by four-time Olympian and current world No3 Richard Kruse, who finished fourth at the Rio Games this year, and he will be joined for the first time by European Games gold medallist Alexander Tofalides, who has recently joined the club.
England internationals and senior club coaches Peter Barwell and David Standen will also be representing ZFW, along with British Under-16 champion Matthew Abrahams.
The line-up is completed by Olympian and World No27 Alex Choupenitch of the Czech Republic, Louis DeBazelaire (Poland) and British internationals Charlie St John and George Bailey.
Head coach Ziemek Wojciechowski said: “We are really looking forward to doing battle with the other great teams from across the country.
You may also want to watch:
“Our fencing club has great strength in depth, with leading fencers throughout the age groups, from the Under-10 British champions through to international Grand Prix winners. The guys competing on Sunday will demonstrate the best of what British fencing has to offer.”
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 9 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally