ZFW Fencing Club aim to win third successive title at British Men’s Team Foil Championships
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead-based ZFW Fencing Club are sending three senior teams to compete in the British Men’s Team Foil Championships in Hendon on Sunday, bidding to win the title for a third successive year.
ZFW will once again be led by four-time Olympian and current world No3 Richard Kruse, who finished fourth at the Rio Games this year, and he will be joined for the first time by European Games gold medallist Alexander Tofalides, who has recently joined the club.
England internationals and senior club coaches Peter Barwell and David Standen will also be representing ZFW, along with British Under-16 champion Matthew Abrahams.
The line-up is completed by Olympian and World No27 Alex Choupenitch of the Czech Republic, Louis DeBazelaire (Poland) and British internationals Charlie St John and George Bailey.
Head coach Ziemek Wojciechowski said: “We are really looking forward to doing battle with the other great teams from across the country.
You may also want to watch:
“Our fencing club has great strength in depth, with leading fencers throughout the age groups, from the Under-10 British champions through to international Grand Prix winners. The guys competing on Sunday will demonstrate the best of what British fencing has to offer.”
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 8 Tim Burton's former Primrose Hill home on the market for £20m
- 9 'Now we hope for the best' – independent traders in Muswell Hill
- 10 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police