Young Tom proves that he's a runner and a Gunner
Emirates Stadium hosted its second ever fun-run for Arsenal s Charity of the Season, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children s Charity. The Be a Gunner Be a Runner event raised over �41,000 for one of the world s leading children s hospitals. 10 year old To
Emirates Stadium hosted its second ever fun-run for Arsenal's Charity of the Season, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity. The Be a Gunner Be a Runner event raised over �41,000 for one of the world's leading children's hospitals. 10 year old Tom Phillips from Highbury, saw off tough competition from over 50 other children on Saturday to win the kids' race and completed the two laps of Emirates Stadium in just six minutes.
Harry Potter star Tom Felton who plays Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter films together with football trickster Paul 'Woody' Wood presented Tom with his trophy.
Tom said: "It was brilliant to run and raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital. I raised �113 and I'm an Arsenal fan so that's why I ran."
Harry Potter star Tom Felton said: "Be a Gunner Be a Runner was a fantastic day out and raised an incredible amount of money to help the thousands of very sick young patients at Great Ormond Street Hospital."
You may also want to watch:
The Be a Gunner Be a Runner event was part of Arsenal's season-long 'Be a Gooner. Be a Giver.' campaign. Through this, the Club aims to raise �500,000 to fund a new Arsenal Lung Function Unit for children who have difficulty breathing or sleeping. These problems can mean that children may not grow properly and the Lung Function Unit is vitally important in their treatment.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 6 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 9 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?