York City Knights 66 London Skolars 6: Skolars put to sword by Knights

The latest rugby league news (pic: Mike Egerton/PA)

The latest rugby league news (pic: Mike Egerton/PA) - Credit: PA Archive/PA Images

Betfred League One: York City Knights 66 London Skolars 6

After last week’s record win, London Skolars were put to the sword by York City Knights in a 66-6 Betfred League One defeat at Bootham Crescent.

Knights’ first try came after winger Judah Mazive gathered up a loose pass from his centre to go over in the right corner.

Skolars then conceded two penalties and York’s Andy Ellis scooted over from dummy half.

London’s kick-off found touch, earning a scrum ten metres out and it took a knock-down by Connor Robinson to deny the visitors initially.

However, Elliot Hall’s diagonal run from the middle of the attacking line left City floundering.

When Knights kicked out on the full from the restart, Skolars had another chance to attack, but a forward pass from Jy-Mel Coleman saw the move break down.

Most Read

Coleman made partial amends a few minutes later when he made a 40-metre dash from his own half after York had gone close.

With ten minutes of the first half remaining, London were only four points behind, but Sam Scott scored after Skolars had conceded their seventh penalty of the half.

Keiran Moss finished off a Dan Hawkworth break a few minutes later and after London conceded two more penalties just before the hooter, City kicked the second to put themselves 24-6 up at the break.

Moss scored again for Knights in the first minute of the second half and it was one-way traffic from there.

Aaron Smith scored after York had gained possession from a 40-20 kick and Will Oakes scored the next try straight from the kick-off, before Mazive added his second, leaping over the tryline in the corner.

For Skolars, Lameck Juma made a strong run, but was stopped short of the line and Louis Robinson was held-up over the tryline, but there was still time for Ronan Dixon to score after another City 40-20

Mazive rounded off a grim afternoon for London by gathering up a loose ball 30 metres from the line to touchdown for his hat-trick.

Robinson had missed his first conversion of the afternoon, but kicked his next 11 goals.