Isthmian League: Worthing 4 Wingate & Finchley 2
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Wingate saw their six-game unbeaten run come to an end at Premier Division leaders Worthing on Saturday.
Toby Bancroft fired just wide from a Great Evans cross on four minutes, while Chris Doyle fired into the arms of Carl Rushworth after a run from right-back.
But Blues took the lead on 12 minutes when Bancroft won the ball off a defender and ran through to finish calmly for his first goal for the club.
Jake Eales cleared a header off the line as the hosts looked to respond, but it was all square on 18 minutes when Aarran Racine tapped in after Shane Gore, on his 200th Wingate appearance, had made an initial save.
And Worthing took the lead just past the half-hour mark when Gore saved a free-kick and Dayshonne Golding converted from close range.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was only four minutes old when the hosts went 3-1 up from the penalty spot, as Oliver Pearce saw his effort squeeze under Gore.
And they added a fourth goal six minutes from time when Kieron Pamment fired past Gore, before Evans grabbed a last-minute consolation for the visitors from Doyle's cross.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
Spencer Knight's men will look to bounce back when they visit Margate on Tuesday, before the Kent club come to the Maurice Rebak Stadium for a quick return meeting next Saturday.
Wingate: Gore, Doyle, Farrell, Rifat, Eales, Grace, Platt, Tejan-Sie, Evans, Bancroft, Cotter.
Unused subs: Antwi, Kennedy, Ifil, Sayoud, Ruff.