Wood Green teenager Abraham finishes strong despite bad luck
- Credit: Archant
Talented Wood Green teenager Brandon Abraham had everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him but still managed to earn 59 championship points at Donnington on the weekend.
The Highgate Wood School student saw an unexpected cloud burst hit the Donnington circuit causing several cars to lose grip and end up in the gravel in his first race.
Abraham unfortunately was one of those cars, despite making a great start where he made up five places on the first lap, but could not capitalise on his progress.
His second race was cut short by a mechanical fault, leaving only his third race to redeem the weekend.
Due to two races where Abraham did not finish he had to start 39th on the grid, but he was a man on a mission, and managed to make up 17 places to finish in 22nd place.
You may also want to watch:
The next stop in this season’s series is Silverstone where the youngster took his first podium finish.
- 1 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 2 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 6 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United