Wood Green teenager Abraham finishes strong despite bad luck
- Credit: Archant
Talented Wood Green teenager Brandon Abraham had everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him but still managed to earn 59 championship points at Donnington on the weekend.
The Highgate Wood School student saw an unexpected cloud burst hit the Donnington circuit causing several cars to lose grip and end up in the gravel in his first race.
Abraham unfortunately was one of those cars, despite making a great start where he made up five places on the first lap, but could not capitalise on his progress.
His second race was cut short by a mechanical fault, leaving only his third race to redeem the weekend.
Due to two races where Abraham did not finish he had to start 39th on the grid, but he was a man on a mission, and managed to make up 17 places to finish in 22nd place.
The next stop in this season’s series is Silverstone where the youngster took his first podium finish.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 7 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 10 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'