Wojcik leads New Life Taekwondo to a medal haul at English Open
- Credit: Archant
British champion Zoja Wojcik added more silverware to her collection as Camden-based New Life Taekwondo picked up eight medals at the English Open in Manchester.
Around 400 elite athletes participated in the event, hailing from as far away as India and Jordan.
New Life, who are based on Oval Road, sent nine of their own members – all of them part of the club’s performance training schedule, coached by Master Daniel Kobbina – and Wojcik led the way to glory.
She won gold in the technical forms event and also secured a silver in her sparring competition, while coming second overall in the ‘best poomse’ section.
Camille Paleni also became the English Open champion in the senior kup grades technical forms division after putting on a fine display in her debut competition.
You may also want to watch:
There was a silver for Giacomo Sotti in her sparring event and Cecilia Astor – another British champion – took bronze after losing to the eventual winner of her division by one point in extra time.
Chaim Osher, Zain Ahmed and Noah Faruque completed the medal haul with bronzes of their own.
- 1 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 2 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 7 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 8 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 9 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots