Wingate & Finchley midfielder Ochieng joins Cork City
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Wingate & Finchley have agreed the transfer of talented young midfielder Henry Ochieng to Irish Premier Division side Cork City for an undisclosed fee.
Ochieng had previously been part of the academy setup at West Ham United before signing a professional contract with League Two side Leyton Orient.
After spells at Braintree and Welwyn Garden City, he signed for Wingate & Finchley in summer of 2019.
This season he made 31 appearances, scoring two memorable goals in wins over Lewes and Hendon.
Chairman Aron Sharpe said: "We are proud that we are able to help another player back on his way into full time football.
You may also want to watch:
"Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forwards which Henry was prepared to do after being a pro; too many young players seem to chase an extra few quid in the short term rather than (as Henry has done) getting your head down and playing.
"Henry goes with our best wishes for a bright future."
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council