Wingate & Finchley midfielder Ochieng joins Cork City
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Wingate & Finchley have agreed the transfer of talented young midfielder Henry Ochieng to Irish Premier Division side Cork City for an undisclosed fee.
Ochieng had previously been part of the academy setup at West Ham United before signing a professional contract with League Two side Leyton Orient.
After spells at Braintree and Welwyn Garden City, he signed for Wingate & Finchley in summer of 2019.
This season he made 31 appearances, scoring two memorable goals in wins over Lewes and Hendon.
Chairman Aron Sharpe said: "We are proud that we are able to help another player back on his way into full time football.
You may also want to watch:
"Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forwards which Henry was prepared to do after being a pro; too many young players seem to chase an extra few quid in the short term rather than (as Henry has done) getting your head down and playing.
"Henry goes with our best wishes for a bright future."
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 8 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins