Wingate & Finchley midfielder Ochieng joins Cork City
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Wingate & Finchley have agreed the transfer of talented young midfielder Henry Ochieng to Irish Premier Division side Cork City for an undisclosed fee.
Ochieng had previously been part of the academy setup at West Ham United before signing a professional contract with League Two side Leyton Orient.
After spells at Braintree and Welwyn Garden City, he signed for Wingate & Finchley in summer of 2019.
This season he made 31 appearances, scoring two memorable goals in wins over Lewes and Hendon.
Chairman Aron Sharpe said: "We are proud that we are able to help another player back on his way into full time football.
"Sometimes you have to take a step back to go forwards which Henry was prepared to do after being a pro; too many young players seem to chase an extra few quid in the short term rather than (as Henry has done) getting your head down and playing.
"Henry goes with our best wishes for a bright future."
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 5 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised
- 6 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 7 Hampstead Heath past and present at new exhibition of London
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 Pond Street potholes causing 'mini earthquake' and 'damage to homes'
- 10 How mental health services are changing in north London