Isthmian Premier: Wingate nab draw with leaders Folkestone while Haringey fall short
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Wingate & Finchley nabbed a 1-1 draw off league leaders Folkestone Invicta after parting company with manager Steve Clark during the week while Haringey Borough crashed to a 2-0 defeat against Bognor Regis Town.
The Blues took the lead through midfielder Olumide Oluwatimilehin in the 62nd minute but Folkestone levelled the score 11 minutes later thanks to Joshua Vincent.
They held on for a point at the Maurice Rebak Stadium to end a three game winless run in the Isthmian Premier League.
Neighbours Haringey Borough fell to a 2-0 defeat away to strugglers Bognor Regis Town to slop down to fifth in the league table.
Goals from Tommy Leigh and Jimmy Muitt sealed the three points for Regis at Nyewood Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Leigh found the net in the 31st minute before Muitt doubled their lead in the 78th minute of play to seal the win.
Haringey will now host Kingstonian on Monday evening while Wingate & Finchley travel away to Cheshunt on Tuesday evening.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light