Isthmian Premier: Wingate nab draw with leaders Folkestone while Haringey fall short
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Wingate & Finchley nabbed a 1-1 draw off league leaders Folkestone Invicta after parting company with manager Steve Clark during the week while Haringey Borough crashed to a 2-0 defeat against Bognor Regis Town.
The Blues took the lead through midfielder Olumide Oluwatimilehin in the 62nd minute but Folkestone levelled the score 11 minutes later thanks to Joshua Vincent.
They held on for a point at the Maurice Rebak Stadium to end a three game winless run in the Isthmian Premier League.
Neighbours Haringey Borough fell to a 2-0 defeat away to strugglers Bognor Regis Town to slop down to fifth in the league table.
Goals from Tommy Leigh and Jimmy Muitt sealed the three points for Regis at Nyewood Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Leigh found the net in the 31st minute before Muitt doubled their lead in the 78th minute of play to seal the win.
Haringey will now host Kingstonian on Monday evening while Wingate & Finchley travel away to Cheshunt on Tuesday evening.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end