Wingate & Finchley to take part in benefit match for former striker Billy Healey
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Blues forward has been unable to work since rupturing colon in match last season
Wingate & Finchley have confirmed their pre-season friendly clash with Hanwell Town on July 29 will be a benefit match for former striker Billy Healey.
While on dual-registration with Town last season, Healey suffered a serious injury during a match.
In an accidental collision, Healey ruptured his colon in three places and spent the following 12 weeks in hospital, undergoing three operations.
Since then, Healey has been unable to return to work and both clubs are keen for all proceeds from the match to go towards helping their former player.
You may also want to watch:
The match will take place at Hanwell’s Reynolds Field stadium with a 3pm kick off on July 29, with tickets priced at £5.
There has also been a JustGiving page set up to help Healey, which can be found here.
Elsewhere, Wingate have been drawn away to Biggleswade Town of the Southern League Premier Division in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy on October 28.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 7 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 8 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds