Wingate & Finchley to take part in benefit match for former striker Billy Healey
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Blues forward has been unable to work since rupturing colon in match last season
Wingate & Finchley have confirmed their pre-season friendly clash with Hanwell Town on July 29 will be a benefit match for former striker Billy Healey.
While on dual-registration with Town last season, Healey suffered a serious injury during a match.
In an accidental collision, Healey ruptured his colon in three places and spent the following 12 weeks in hospital, undergoing three operations.
Since then, Healey has been unable to return to work and both clubs are keen for all proceeds from the match to go towards helping their former player.
You may also want to watch:
The match will take place at Hanwell’s Reynolds Field stadium with a 3pm kick off on July 29, with tickets priced at £5.
There has also been a JustGiving page set up to help Healey, which can be found here.
Elsewhere, Wingate have been drawn away to Biggleswade Town of the Southern League Premier Division in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy on October 28.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds