Wingate & Finchley to take part in benefit match for former striker Billy Healey
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Blues forward has been unable to work since rupturing colon in match last season
Wingate & Finchley have confirmed their pre-season friendly clash with Hanwell Town on July 29 will be a benefit match for former striker Billy Healey.
While on dual-registration with Town last season, Healey suffered a serious injury during a match.
In an accidental collision, Healey ruptured his colon in three places and spent the following 12 weeks in hospital, undergoing three operations.
Since then, Healey has been unable to return to work and both clubs are keen for all proceeds from the match to go towards helping their former player.
You may also want to watch:
The match will take place at Hanwell’s Reynolds Field stadium with a 3pm kick off on July 29, with tickets priced at £5.
There has also been a JustGiving page set up to help Healey, which can be found here.
Elsewhere, Wingate have been drawn away to Biggleswade Town of the Southern League Premier Division in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy on October 28.
- 1 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub