Wingate & Finchley to take part in benefit match for former striker Billy Healey
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Former Blues forward has been unable to work since rupturing colon in match last season
Wingate & Finchley have confirmed their pre-season friendly clash with Hanwell Town on July 29 will be a benefit match for former striker Billy Healey.
While on dual-registration with Town last season, Healey suffered a serious injury during a match.
In an accidental collision, Healey ruptured his colon in three places and spent the following 12 weeks in hospital, undergoing three operations.
Since then, Healey has been unable to return to work and both clubs are keen for all proceeds from the match to go towards helping their former player.
You may also want to watch:
The match will take place at Hanwell’s Reynolds Field stadium with a 3pm kick off on July 29, with tickets priced at £5.
There has also been a JustGiving page set up to help Healey, which can be found here.
Elsewhere, Wingate have been drawn away to Biggleswade Town of the Southern League Premier Division in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy on October 28.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17