Wingate & Finchley’s under-23s look to secure Bostik Development North title at Haringey Borough
- Credit: Archant
Dean Barker’s young team need just one point from their final three fixtures to become champions
Wingate & Finchley’s under-23s only need a point from their remaining three games to secure title success in the Bostik Development North and they will hope to do it this evening.
Dean Barker’s side have had a sensational campaign to date, winning 12 of their 15 league fixtures to sit in first place with 38 points to their name.
Brentwood are the only side who can catch them, but they would need to win their last seven games and hope Blues fail to pick up another point.
Even then, Barker’s team have a goal difference of +38, so it seems certain they will be champions, but they can do it tonight when they visit Haringey Borough.
You may also want to watch:
The previous encounter between the two sides back on January 31 ended 3-2 to the Maurice Rebak Stadium side and they know a draw will be enough to clinch silverware.
After a stunning season so far, with several players from the under-23s stepping up to play for the Wingate first-team, the Blues will aim to finish the job on Monday night (7.45pm kick-off).
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Affordable housing changes for 100 Avenue Road will test Camden's resolve