Wingate & Finchley’s under-23s look to secure Bostik Development North title at Haringey Borough
- Credit: Archant
Dean Barker’s young team need just one point from their final three fixtures to become champions
Wingate & Finchley’s under-23s only need a point from their remaining three games to secure title success in the Bostik Development North and they will hope to do it this evening.
Dean Barker’s side have had a sensational campaign to date, winning 12 of their 15 league fixtures to sit in first place with 38 points to their name.
Brentwood are the only side who can catch them, but they would need to win their last seven games and hope Blues fail to pick up another point.
Even then, Barker’s team have a goal difference of +38, so it seems certain they will be champions, but they can do it tonight when they visit Haringey Borough.
You may also want to watch:
The previous encounter between the two sides back on January 31 ended 3-2 to the Maurice Rebak Stadium side and they know a draw will be enough to clinch silverware.
After a stunning season so far, with several players from the under-23s stepping up to play for the Wingate first-team, the Blues will aim to finish the job on Monday night (7.45pm kick-off).
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points