Wingate & Finchley fall to heavy defeat against K’s
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier Division: Wingate & Finchley 0 Kingstonian 4
Wingate & Finchley suffer back-to-back defeats as they lost 4-0 to Kingstonian in the Bostik Premier Division.
A brace from Delano Sam-Yorke and goals from James Daly and Manolis Gogonas sealed a comfortable win for the visitors over the Blues at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Daly opened the scoring in the 23rd minute as he stepped up and slotted home a penalty to make it 1-0.
Glen Little’s side held on and kept the score line at 1-0 going into the half-time break – despite some more pressure from the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Early in the second-half, The K’s broke clear and forced goalkeeper Shane Gore into a save, but he punched it out and the rebound fell to Delano Sam-Yorke who tapped it in from point blank range to double his side’s lead.
The Blues Charlie Cole warmed Rob Tolfrey’s gloves for the first time in the second-half with a shot from range but it never looked like troubling the K’s keeper.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
Gogonas then made it 3-0 for the visitors as he headed home a corner in the 76th minute.
In the 88th minute Sam-Yorke netted his second of the evening as he fired home from outside the box to make it 4-0.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore, Ifil, Bihmoutine (Manu 73), Cronin, Hernandez, Weatherstone (Tejan-Sie 69), Mitchell, Ruff, Cole (Putman 82), Beckles-Richards, Laney.
Unused subs: Monsheju and Williams.
Kingstonian: Tolfrey, Dymond, Brown, Lamont, Brewer, Eweka, Faal (Gogonas 54), McAuley, Sam-Yorke, Theophanous (Buchanan 74), Daly.
Unused subs: Gasson and Kyte.