Wingate & Finchley fall to heavy defeat against K’s
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier Division: Wingate & Finchley 0 Kingstonian 4
Wingate & Finchley suffer back-to-back defeats as they lost 4-0 to Kingstonian in the Bostik Premier Division.
A brace from Delano Sam-Yorke and goals from James Daly and Manolis Gogonas sealed a comfortable win for the visitors over the Blues at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Daly opened the scoring in the 23rd minute as he stepped up and slotted home a penalty to make it 1-0.
Glen Little’s side held on and kept the score line at 1-0 going into the half-time break – despite some more pressure from the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Early in the second-half, The K’s broke clear and forced goalkeeper Shane Gore into a save, but he punched it out and the rebound fell to Delano Sam-Yorke who tapped it in from point blank range to double his side’s lead.
The Blues Charlie Cole warmed Rob Tolfrey’s gloves for the first time in the second-half with a shot from range but it never looked like troubling the K’s keeper.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
Gogonas then made it 3-0 for the visitors as he headed home a corner in the 76th minute.
In the 88th minute Sam-Yorke netted his second of the evening as he fired home from outside the box to make it 4-0.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore, Ifil, Bihmoutine (Manu 73), Cronin, Hernandez, Weatherstone (Tejan-Sie 69), Mitchell, Ruff, Cole (Putman 82), Beckles-Richards, Laney.
Unused subs: Monsheju and Williams.
Kingstonian: Tolfrey, Dymond, Brown, Lamont, Brewer, Eweka, Faal (Gogonas 54), McAuley, Sam-Yorke, Theophanous (Buchanan 74), Daly.
Unused subs: Gasson and Kyte.