Wingate & Finchley fall to heavy defeat against K’s
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier Division: Wingate & Finchley 0 Kingstonian 4
Wingate & Finchley suffer back-to-back defeats as they lost 4-0 to Kingstonian in the Bostik Premier Division.
A brace from Delano Sam-Yorke and goals from James Daly and Manolis Gogonas sealed a comfortable win for the visitors over the Blues at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Daly opened the scoring in the 23rd minute as he stepped up and slotted home a penalty to make it 1-0.
Glen Little’s side held on and kept the score line at 1-0 going into the half-time break – despite some more pressure from the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Early in the second-half, The K’s broke clear and forced goalkeeper Shane Gore into a save, but he punched it out and the rebound fell to Delano Sam-Yorke who tapped it in from point blank range to double his side’s lead.
The Blues Charlie Cole warmed Rob Tolfrey’s gloves for the first time in the second-half with a shot from range but it never looked like troubling the K’s keeper.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
Gogonas then made it 3-0 for the visitors as he headed home a corner in the 76th minute.
In the 88th minute Sam-Yorke netted his second of the evening as he fired home from outside the box to make it 4-0.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore, Ifil, Bihmoutine (Manu 73), Cronin, Hernandez, Weatherstone (Tejan-Sie 69), Mitchell, Ruff, Cole (Putman 82), Beckles-Richards, Laney.
Unused subs: Monsheju and Williams.
Kingstonian: Tolfrey, Dymond, Brown, Lamont, Brewer, Eweka, Faal (Gogonas 54), McAuley, Sam-Yorke, Theophanous (Buchanan 74), Daly.
Unused subs: Gasson and Kyte.