Wingate and Haringey change kick-off times because of England quarter-final tie
- Credit: Ray Lawrence/TGS Photo
The Three Lions run to the last eight of the World Cup has affected the pre-season preparation of several local clubs
Wingate & Finchley and Haringey Borough have moved the kick-off time of their pre-season friendlies tomorrow in order to allow fans to watch England’s World Cup quarter-final against Sweden.
The Three Lions penalty shoot-out success over Colombia on Wednesday sent them through to the last-eight of the competition.
Gareth Southgate’s team will take on Sweden at 3pm in Russia, which is the same time Wingate were due to face Beaconsfield at Barnet Lane and when Haringey Borough were going to kick-off against Coggeshall Town.
But both Bostik Premier clubs have since changed the time they will play their first pre-season game of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Wingate will now face Beaconsfield in an 11am kick-off on Saturday at Barnet Lane, EN5 2DN.
Meanwhile, Haringey’s match with Coggeshall will start at 12.30pm at Coles Park, but anyone coming by car before 1pm will need to use the entrance in Fenton Road and the England game will be shown live in the clubhouse at 3pm.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Bishopwood Bowling Club hopes to create new image for the sport