Wingate and Haringey change kick-off times because of England quarter-final tie
- Credit: Ray Lawrence/TGS Photo
The Three Lions run to the last eight of the World Cup has affected the pre-season preparation of several local clubs
Wingate & Finchley and Haringey Borough have moved the kick-off time of their pre-season friendlies tomorrow in order to allow fans to watch England’s World Cup quarter-final against Sweden.
The Three Lions penalty shoot-out success over Colombia on Wednesday sent them through to the last-eight of the competition.
Gareth Southgate’s team will take on Sweden at 3pm in Russia, which is the same time Wingate were due to face Beaconsfield at Barnet Lane and when Haringey Borough were going to kick-off against Coggeshall Town.
But both Bostik Premier clubs have since changed the time they will play their first pre-season game of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Wingate will now face Beaconsfield in an 11am kick-off on Saturday at Barnet Lane, EN5 2DN.
Meanwhile, Haringey’s match with Coggeshall will start at 12.30pm at Coles Park, but anyone coming by car before 1pm will need to use the entrance in Fenton Road and the England game will be shown live in the clubhouse at 3pm.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 10 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success