Defeats for Wingate and Haringey ahead of Easter Monday meeting
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The two north London clubs were unable to pick up any points from their Saturday games in the Bostik Premier
Wingate & Finchley remain in the Bostik Premier relegation zone after a 1-0 loss at home to Margate on Saturday.
The Blues were looking to move out of the bottom three with a positive result, but a goal by Noel Leighton on the hour mark separated a tight contest.
It leaves Dave Norman’s team in 20th position and still behind Whitehawk due to goal difference ahead of Monday’s clash away to promotion hopefuls Haringey Borough.
Borough also suffered a defeat on Saturday and in worrying fashion by a 4-0 score at Folkestone Invicta.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Loizou’s team still managed to officially guarantee a spot in the top five and the play-offs for after the regular season finishes, but not in the manner they wanted.
Adam Yusuff opened the scoring for Invicta in the 12th minute and grabbed another in the 47th minute.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
Late goals by Ian Draycott and Johan Ter Horst then inflicted more pain on Borough, who stay second.