Defeats for Wingate and Haringey ahead of Easter Monday meeting
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The two north London clubs were unable to pick up any points from their Saturday games in the Bostik Premier
Wingate & Finchley remain in the Bostik Premier relegation zone after a 1-0 loss at home to Margate on Saturday.
The Blues were looking to move out of the bottom three with a positive result, but a goal by Noel Leighton on the hour mark separated a tight contest.
It leaves Dave Norman’s team in 20th position and still behind Whitehawk due to goal difference ahead of Monday’s clash away to promotion hopefuls Haringey Borough.
Borough also suffered a defeat on Saturday and in worrying fashion by a 4-0 score at Folkestone Invicta.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Loizou’s team still managed to officially guarantee a spot in the top five and the play-offs for after the regular season finishes, but not in the manner they wanted.
Adam Yusuff opened the scoring for Invicta in the 12th minute and grabbed another in the 47th minute.
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 10 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
Late goals by Ian Draycott and Johan Ter Horst then inflicted more pain on Borough, who stay second.