Wingate & Finchley draw on positives after late equaliser at Bostik Premier rivals Enfield Town
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough left disappointed after losing second consecutive game in the Bostik North this week
Wingate & Finchley picked up a respectable point away to Bostik Premier rivals Enfield Town last night.
Keith Rowland’s team went into the contest at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium off the back of a 4-0 loss at Leatherhead on Sunday.
The visitors didn’t make the best of starts either with Elliott Benyon firing Enfield ahead with 40 on the clock.
It seemed like being another frustrating evening for Wingate, but Afolabi Ofafemi netted two minutes from time to give Wingate a share of the spoils.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Borough had less joy in the Bostik North though, and fell to their second consecutive loss in the division.
Tom Loizou’s team made the lengthy trip to fellow promotion rivals Canvey Island looking to get back on track.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 7 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 8 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
After not suffering a loss in their opening 13 Bostik North games, Haringey were defeated 2-0 by Brentwood Town on Saturday.
And unfortunately Canvey made it back-to-back reverses for the north Londoners last night by claiming a 1-0 win.