Wingate & Finchley draw on positives after late equaliser at Bostik Premier rivals Enfield Town
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough left disappointed after losing second consecutive game in the Bostik North this week
Wingate & Finchley picked up a respectable point away to Bostik Premier rivals Enfield Town last night.
Keith Rowland’s team went into the contest at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium off the back of a 4-0 loss at Leatherhead on Sunday.
The visitors didn’t make the best of starts either with Elliott Benyon firing Enfield ahead with 40 on the clock.
It seemed like being another frustrating evening for Wingate, but Afolabi Ofafemi netted two minutes from time to give Wingate a share of the spoils.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Borough had less joy in the Bostik North though, and fell to their second consecutive loss in the division.
Tom Loizou’s team made the lengthy trip to fellow promotion rivals Canvey Island looking to get back on track.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
After not suffering a loss in their opening 13 Bostik North games, Haringey were defeated 2-0 by Brentwood Town on Saturday.
And unfortunately Canvey made it back-to-back reverses for the north Londoners last night by claiming a 1-0 win.