Wingate & Finchley draw on positives after late equaliser at Bostik Premier rivals Enfield Town
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough left disappointed after losing second consecutive game in the Bostik North this week
Wingate & Finchley picked up a respectable point away to Bostik Premier rivals Enfield Town last night.
Keith Rowland’s team went into the contest at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium off the back of a 4-0 loss at Leatherhead on Sunday.
The visitors didn’t make the best of starts either with Elliott Benyon firing Enfield ahead with 40 on the clock.
It seemed like being another frustrating evening for Wingate, but Afolabi Ofafemi netted two minutes from time to give Wingate a share of the spoils.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Borough had less joy in the Bostik North though, and fell to their second consecutive loss in the division.
Tom Loizou’s team made the lengthy trip to fellow promotion rivals Canvey Island looking to get back on track.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
After not suffering a loss in their opening 13 Bostik North games, Haringey were defeated 2-0 by Brentwood Town on Saturday.
And unfortunately Canvey made it back-to-back reverses for the north Londoners last night by claiming a 1-0 win.