Wingate & Finchley draw on positives after late equaliser at Bostik Premier rivals Enfield Town
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough left disappointed after losing second consecutive game in the Bostik North this week
Wingate & Finchley picked up a respectable point away to Bostik Premier rivals Enfield Town last night.
Keith Rowland’s team went into the contest at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium off the back of a 4-0 loss at Leatherhead on Sunday.
The visitors didn’t make the best of starts either with Elliott Benyon firing Enfield ahead with 40 on the clock.
It seemed like being another frustrating evening for Wingate, but Afolabi Ofafemi netted two minutes from time to give Wingate a share of the spoils.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Borough had less joy in the Bostik North though, and fell to their second consecutive loss in the division.
Tom Loizou’s team made the lengthy trip to fellow promotion rivals Canvey Island looking to get back on track.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 6 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 10 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
After not suffering a loss in their opening 13 Bostik North games, Haringey were defeated 2-0 by Brentwood Town on Saturday.
And unfortunately Canvey made it back-to-back reverses for the north Londoners last night by claiming a 1-0 win.