Isthmian Premier: Wingate & Finchley 1 Cheshunt 2
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Wingate & Finchley suffered a 2-1 defeat to fellow Isthmian Premier Division strugglers Cheshunt.
Goals from Reece Beckles-Richards and Ryan Moss sealed the three points for the Ambers despite a consolation goal from Sean Grace at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Former Blues man Beckles-Richards found the back of the net for the visitiors six minutes before half-time to give them a 1-0 lead heading into the break.
The hosts levelled the score just seven minutes into the second-half thanks to Sean Grace.
A corner falls to Grace on the edge of the box and poked a shot that deflected in past goalkeeper Harry Girling.
Shortly after striker Oluwaseunn Akinsanya fired home but his effort was ruled out for offside before winger Charlie Ruff was then inches away from poking a Grace header home.
Cheshunt were then awarded a penalty in the 70th minute and up stepped Ryan Moss who fired it past experienced goalkeeper Shane Gore to give them a 2-1 lead.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 9 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 10 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
Wingate tried to find an equaliser but they couldn't find one and still sit bottom of the league table.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore, Platt, Farrell, Rifat, Grace (Kennedy 84), Oluwatimilehin, Ifil, Renee (Ochieng 71), Akinsanya, Ruff, Sayoud (Wood-Garness 45).
Unused subs: Tejan-Sie and Njie.
Cheshunt: Girling, Diallo, Abrahams, Kassarate (Hughes 76), Camara, Cronin, Newton, Hession-Harris (Nelson-Roberts 72), Moss, Beckles-Richards (Wabo 86), Re.
Unused subs: Reynolds and Williams.