Isthmian Premier: Wingate & Finchley 1 Cheshunt 2
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Wingate & Finchley suffered a 2-1 defeat to fellow Isthmian Premier Division strugglers Cheshunt.
Goals from Reece Beckles-Richards and Ryan Moss sealed the three points for the Ambers despite a consolation goal from Sean Grace at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Former Blues man Beckles-Richards found the back of the net for the visitiors six minutes before half-time to give them a 1-0 lead heading into the break.
The hosts levelled the score just seven minutes into the second-half thanks to Sean Grace.
A corner falls to Grace on the edge of the box and poked a shot that deflected in past goalkeeper Harry Girling.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly after striker Oluwaseunn Akinsanya fired home but his effort was ruled out for offside before winger Charlie Ruff was then inches away from poking a Grace header home.
Cheshunt were then awarded a penalty in the 70th minute and up stepped Ryan Moss who fired it past experienced goalkeeper Shane Gore to give them a 2-1 lead.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
Wingate tried to find an equaliser but they couldn't find one and still sit bottom of the league table.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore, Platt, Farrell, Rifat, Grace (Kennedy 84), Oluwatimilehin, Ifil, Renee (Ochieng 71), Akinsanya, Ruff, Sayoud (Wood-Garness 45).
Unused subs: Tejan-Sie and Njie.
Cheshunt: Girling, Diallo, Abrahams, Kassarate (Hughes 76), Camara, Cronin, Newton, Hession-Harris (Nelson-Roberts 72), Moss, Beckles-Richards (Wabo 86), Re.
Unused subs: Reynolds and Williams.