Isthmian Premier: Wingate & Finchley 1 Cheshunt 2
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Wingate & Finchley suffered a 2-1 defeat to fellow Isthmian Premier Division strugglers Cheshunt.
Goals from Reece Beckles-Richards and Ryan Moss sealed the three points for the Ambers despite a consolation goal from Sean Grace at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Former Blues man Beckles-Richards found the back of the net for the visitiors six minutes before half-time to give them a 1-0 lead heading into the break.
The hosts levelled the score just seven minutes into the second-half thanks to Sean Grace.
A corner falls to Grace on the edge of the box and poked a shot that deflected in past goalkeeper Harry Girling.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly after striker Oluwaseunn Akinsanya fired home but his effort was ruled out for offside before winger Charlie Ruff was then inches away from poking a Grace header home.
Cheshunt were then awarded a penalty in the 70th minute and up stepped Ryan Moss who fired it past experienced goalkeeper Shane Gore to give them a 2-1 lead.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 7 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
Wingate tried to find an equaliser but they couldn't find one and still sit bottom of the league table.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore, Platt, Farrell, Rifat, Grace (Kennedy 84), Oluwatimilehin, Ifil, Renee (Ochieng 71), Akinsanya, Ruff, Sayoud (Wood-Garness 45).
Unused subs: Tejan-Sie and Njie.
Cheshunt: Girling, Diallo, Abrahams, Kassarate (Hughes 76), Camara, Cronin, Newton, Hession-Harris (Nelson-Roberts 72), Moss, Beckles-Richards (Wabo 86), Re.
Unused subs: Reynolds and Williams.