Isthmian Premier: Wingate & Finchley 1 Cheshunt 2
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Wingate & Finchley suffered a 2-1 defeat to fellow Isthmian Premier Division strugglers Cheshunt.
Goals from Reece Beckles-Richards and Ryan Moss sealed the three points for the Ambers despite a consolation goal from Sean Grace at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
Former Blues man Beckles-Richards found the back of the net for the visitiors six minutes before half-time to give them a 1-0 lead heading into the break.
The hosts levelled the score just seven minutes into the second-half thanks to Sean Grace.
A corner falls to Grace on the edge of the box and poked a shot that deflected in past goalkeeper Harry Girling.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly after striker Oluwaseunn Akinsanya fired home but his effort was ruled out for offside before winger Charlie Ruff was then inches away from poking a Grace header home.
Cheshunt were then awarded a penalty in the 70th minute and up stepped Ryan Moss who fired it past experienced goalkeeper Shane Gore to give them a 2-1 lead.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Wingate tried to find an equaliser but they couldn't find one and still sit bottom of the league table.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore, Platt, Farrell, Rifat, Grace (Kennedy 84), Oluwatimilehin, Ifil, Renee (Ochieng 71), Akinsanya, Ruff, Sayoud (Wood-Garness 45).
Unused subs: Tejan-Sie and Njie.
Cheshunt: Girling, Diallo, Abrahams, Kassarate (Hughes 76), Camara, Cronin, Newton, Hession-Harris (Nelson-Roberts 72), Moss, Beckles-Richards (Wabo 86), Re.
Unused subs: Reynolds and Williams.