Wingate target rare double over play-off chasing Robins
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Dave Norman’s team will attempt to bounce back after a narrow loss at home to Bognor Regis Town last Saturday
Wingate & Finchley head to Carshalton Athletic at the weekend expecting a tough game in the Bostik Premier.
The Blues lost 2-0 at home to Bognor Regis Town last time out, but remain three points above the bottom three with their future in their own hands.
Dave Norman’s team will be eager to get back on track on Saturday, but know it will be difficult away to the Robins.
Carshalton are sixth in the standings and two points off the play-off places with five games left to play this season.
You may also want to watch:
The previous encounter between the clubs on December 22 saw Wingate win 2-0 with David Manu netting a brace and the strugglers will now target a rare league double.
After picking up two superb wins over Harlow Town and Potters Bar Town midway through March, Blues saw the month end with a frustrating defeat last weekend.
- 1 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 2 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 6 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
Donovan Makoma was shown a red card for a high tackle on Bognor goalkeeper Dan Lincoln in the first half and it left Wingate facing an uphill task.
Eventually the Rocks made their numerical advantage count as Mason Walsh scored twice in the last 20 minutes to hand Blues a 2-0 defeat.