Wingate & Finchley continue unbeaten run to boost survival hopes
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Isthmian Premier Division: Wingate & Finchley 2 Bowers & Pitsea 2
Wingate & Finchley made it three games unbeaten in the Isthmian Premier Division as they drew 2-2 with Bowers & Pitsea.
The Blues twice came from behind to earn a point from the encounter thanks to goals from Kane Farrell and Luke Ifil at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
The visitors were awarded a penalty in the 24th minute and up stepped Bradley Warner who slotted it past experienced goalkeeper Shane Gore.
Wingate headed into the half-time break trailing by one goal although 12 minutes into the second-half they levelled the score through Kane Farrell.
You may also want to watch:
Storm Dennis played a part in the equaliser as the wind blew Farrell's corner straight into the back of the net.
Not even a minute later Blues defender Sean Grace was sent off and Bowers were awarded a second penalty in the match.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 5 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 9 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 10 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
This time Gore got down to his right and palmed it clear, the follow-up was then dragged wide.
In the 73rd minute Rob Small's Bowers did restore their lead as midfielder Jamie Dicks found the back of the net as he drilled an effort underneath Gore.
Substitute Luke Ifil nabbed an equaliser of the stroke of full-time as his cross squirmed in through the goalkeeper.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore, Doyle, Farrell, Rifat, Eales, Grace, Shomotun (Bancroft 22), Tejan-Sie, Evans (Antwi 74), Jelis, Kennedy (Ifil 66).
Unused subs: Ruff and Platt.
Bowers & Pitsea: Chafer, Thomas, Stephen, Lee, Cornhill, Leahy, Monville, Sartain, Manor, Warner, Dicks.
Unused subs: Bransgrove, Adeyemi, Norton, Gardner, Baker.