Wingate & Finchley continue unbeaten run to boost survival hopes
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Isthmian Premier Division: Wingate & Finchley 2 Bowers & Pitsea 2
Wingate & Finchley made it three games unbeaten in the Isthmian Premier Division as they drew 2-2 with Bowers & Pitsea.
The Blues twice came from behind to earn a point from the encounter thanks to goals from Kane Farrell and Luke Ifil at the Maurice Rebak Stadium.
The visitors were awarded a penalty in the 24th minute and up stepped Bradley Warner who slotted it past experienced goalkeeper Shane Gore.
Wingate headed into the half-time break trailing by one goal although 12 minutes into the second-half they levelled the score through Kane Farrell.
Storm Dennis played a part in the equaliser as the wind blew Farrell's corner straight into the back of the net.
Not even a minute later Blues defender Sean Grace was sent off and Bowers were awarded a second penalty in the match.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 7 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 10 'The state of Transport for London’s finances – or lack of them'
This time Gore got down to his right and palmed it clear, the follow-up was then dragged wide.
In the 73rd minute Rob Small's Bowers did restore their lead as midfielder Jamie Dicks found the back of the net as he drilled an effort underneath Gore.
Substitute Luke Ifil nabbed an equaliser of the stroke of full-time as his cross squirmed in through the goalkeeper.
Wingate & Finchley: Gore, Doyle, Farrell, Rifat, Eales, Grace, Shomotun (Bancroft 22), Tejan-Sie, Evans (Antwi 74), Jelis, Kennedy (Ifil 66).
Unused subs: Ruff and Platt.
Bowers & Pitsea: Chafer, Thomas, Stephen, Lee, Cornhill, Leahy, Monville, Sartain, Manor, Warner, Dicks.
Unused subs: Bransgrove, Adeyemi, Norton, Gardner, Baker.