Wingate & Finchley battle back to beat Kingstonian
- Credit: Archant
Wingate & Finchley came from behind to beat Kingstonian 2-1 at home on Tuesday, securing their third league win from four games and establishing themselves in the top half of the Ryman League Premier Division table.
The Blues, who drew 1-1 at home against Lowestoft on Saturday – with Sean Cronin on target – fell behind after just seven minutes in their midweek encounter.
But Freddy Moncur levelled 10 minutes before the break, finding the bottom corner from 20 yards, and the Blues grabbed all three points 11 minutes from time as Luke Ifil freed Rob Ogleby, who side-footed home.
Meanwhile, Hendon have endured a miserable week, suffering two defeats and conceding nine goals in the process.
After being thumped 6-0 at Enfield Town on Saturday – an experience that manager Gary McCann rated among his worst in his 11 years as manager of the club – the Greens went down 3-1 at Canvey Island on Tuesday, with Casey Maclaren scoring their goal.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, in Division One North, Haringey Borough bounced back from a 2-0 home defeat against VCD Athletic on Saturday to overcome Ware 4-1 at home on Monday.
Brooke Hills hit a hat-trick as the women’s team won 6-0 at Histon on Sunday and moved to the top of the Eastern Region Premier Division.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale