Wingate & Finchley battle back to beat Kingstonian
- Credit: Archant
Wingate & Finchley came from behind to beat Kingstonian 2-1 at home on Tuesday, securing their third league win from four games and establishing themselves in the top half of the Ryman League Premier Division table.
The Blues, who drew 1-1 at home against Lowestoft on Saturday – with Sean Cronin on target – fell behind after just seven minutes in their midweek encounter.
But Freddy Moncur levelled 10 minutes before the break, finding the bottom corner from 20 yards, and the Blues grabbed all three points 11 minutes from time as Luke Ifil freed Rob Ogleby, who side-footed home.
Meanwhile, Hendon have endured a miserable week, suffering two defeats and conceding nine goals in the process.
After being thumped 6-0 at Enfield Town on Saturday – an experience that manager Gary McCann rated among his worst in his 11 years as manager of the club – the Greens went down 3-1 at Canvey Island on Tuesday, with Casey Maclaren scoring their goal.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, in Division One North, Haringey Borough bounced back from a 2-0 home defeat against VCD Athletic on Saturday to overcome Ware 4-1 at home on Monday.
Brooke Hills hit a hat-trick as the women’s team won 6-0 at Histon on Sunday and moved to the top of the Eastern Region Premier Division.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 8 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 9 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 10 Top producer gives hit making masterclass