Wingate & Finchley and Haringey Borough eye more pre-season success
- Credit: Archant
Two local club have picked up encouraging results over the last week
Wingate & Finchley will look to claim a third pre-season win on Saturday when they visit Hanwell Town.
Keith Rowland’s team have claimed impressive draws over the past week ahead of the new Isthmian Premier campaign, which starts on August 12.
Last Saturday, Wingate held National League outfit Woking to a 1-1 draw, with Reece Beckles-Richards netting an equaliser 11 minutes from time.
Rowland’s team then producing a battling display on Tuesday night as well.
You may also want to watch:
Wingate travelled to Isthmian North side Hertford Town, but had to play most of the game with 10-men.
Ola Williams received a straight red card with quarter of an hour played following an altercation.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 8 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 9 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
Rowland’s side still managed to create plenty of chances, but the game finished goalless.
They will hope for better at Hanwell, before visiting another Isthmian North side in Cheshunt on Tuesday.
Haringey Borough will target more pre-season goals when they host Kings Langley this weekend.
The Coles Park club have found the net 12 times over the last week and achieved two wins in the process.
At the weekend they earned an excellent 4-1 success over Southern League Premier Division side Royston Town.
Four second-half goals resulted in Tom Loizou’s side coming from behind to claim a second victory of the summer.
Borough built on that success by going goal crazy against a Barnet XI on Tuesday night at Coles Park.
Loizou watched his team clinch an 8-0 triumph ahead of Saturday’s trip to another Southern League Premier Division team.
Haringey will aim to see off Kings Langley, as they continue their plans for the new Isthmian North season.
Borough lost in the play-offs last time out, but will look to do even better during the 2017/18 campaign.