Wingate & Finchley boss Weatherstone pleased with return to pre-season
- Credit: Martin Addison
Newly-appointed Wingate & Finchley manager Marc Weatherstone is impressed with how the squad is shaping up as they return to pre-season training.
The former Blues midfielder is undertaking his first pre-season since stepping up to a managerial role and is excited to implement his standards on the team.
“The squad is taking place nicely, we have only had couple of sessions but the new signings look sharp and fitted in well.
“Since we have been back, I’ve been like a kid in a sweet shop, been very excited to get the boys in and implement our standards.
“Ahmet Rifat and I and the rest of the management team have been so impressed with how the boys have looked after themselves over the off season, which is going to put us in good stead going forwards.
You may also want to watch:
“The plans for pre season like, most managers, will be to get them to maximum fitness but also to imbed our philosophy into the lads so it becomes second nature to them.”
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 6 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 7 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close