Win one, lose one for Hampstead & Westminster
HAMPSTEAD & Westminster were forced to settle for three points from their league double-header at the weekend as they won 2-1 at home against Brooklands, but lost 4-1 at league leaders East Grinstead.
The points boost the Paddington Rec outfit’s tally for the season to 19 after six wins and one draw, and they remain in third place in the EHL Premier division, with East Grinstead on 31 points andBeeston second with 22.
Andrew Smith opened the scoring against visiting Brooklands on Saturday when he whipped in a penalty corner in the fifth minute.
H&W doubled their advantage in the 24th minute when Stephane Vehrie-Smith slotted a penalty corner to lead 2-0 at half-time.
Peter Flanagan raised hopes for Brooklands on 54 minutes when he rifled in a penalty corner, but that was as good as it got for the visitors as H&W maintained the advantage until the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
The next day at East Grinstead Vehrie-Smith got H&W off to a perfect start when he netted from a penalty corner in the 11th minute.
But the lead lasted just eight minutes. Gareth Carr equalised with a penalty stroke, and then claimed the lead for East Grinstead with a penalty corner.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
Danny Hall slotted the hosts’ third goal when he scored from open play on 26 minutes and got his brace in the 64th minute.
H&W welcome Loughborough Students on Saturday.