Nouble hat-trick helps Borough down Hawks
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Whitehawk 1 Haringey Borough 3
A hat-trick by Joel Nouble helped make Haringey Borough’s long trip to Whitehawk worthwhile on Saturday in the Bostik Premier.
The Coles Park club travelled to East Sussex expecting a difficult encounter against a side who were in the National League South last season.
It looked to be that way after nine minutes when James Fraser put the hosts ahead at the Enclosed Ground – heading home the rebound after Valery Pajetet had saved his spot-kick.
Borough fought back, however, and won a penalty of their own in the 40th minute when Lionel Stone and home goalkeeper Melvin Minter clashed in the air for a loose ball.
After some deliberation from Whitehawk, Nouble stepped up and scored from the penalty spot to make it level with 41 on the clock.
Haringey kicked on after the equaliser and were awarded another spot-kick on the stroke of half time.
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 4 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 5 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 6 George Michael's Highgate piano to be auctioned off
- 7 'Do the right thing': Locket containing baby's ashes stolen from car
- 8 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 9 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 10 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
Yet again Nouble, formerly of Dagenham & Redbridge, showed nerves of steel and found the net to make it 2-1 at the interval.
The next goal was always likely to be decisive and it went to the visitors as Nouble raced down the wing, cut inside and found the corner to secure all three points.
It was a fantastic victory for Tom Loizou’s men, who are 12th in the table after six games with eight points to their name.
Next up for Haringey is a London Senior Cup first round clash with Beckenham Town on Tuesday at Coles Park.