White Hart Lane’s Tshikeva wins London title
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden & Haringey
White Hart Lane’s Jeamie Tshikeva is the new London Elite champion at super heavyweight.
The 25-year-old beat Repton rival Franklin Ignatius by split decision in hotly-contested final.
Both boxers fought with an orthodox stance and relied on throwing single jabs, though Tshikeva did mix it up at times with overhand rights.
Ignatius, meanwhile, had a point taken off for persistent holding after being warned by the referee.
You may also want to watch:
Tshikeva now progresses to the national quarter-finals which are due to take place in Nottingham.
The 25-year-old is set to be joined at the quarter-finals by a trio of boxers from Haringey Police.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
Amy Andrews at 57kg, Oriance Lungu at 64kg and Deayandra Allen at 69kg are all due to take part in the quarter-finals in Nottingham.
It looks set to be an exciting time for boxers from the Haringey area as they all look to see their quests for national glory through to the end.