White Hart Lane’s Tshikeva wins London title
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden & Haringey
White Hart Lane’s Jeamie Tshikeva is the new London Elite champion at super heavyweight.
The 25-year-old beat Repton rival Franklin Ignatius by split decision in hotly-contested final.
Both boxers fought with an orthodox stance and relied on throwing single jabs, though Tshikeva did mix it up at times with overhand rights.
Ignatius, meanwhile, had a point taken off for persistent holding after being warned by the referee.
You may also want to watch:
Tshikeva now progresses to the national quarter-finals which are due to take place in Nottingham.
The 25-year-old is set to be joined at the quarter-finals by a trio of boxers from Haringey Police.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 6 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction
Amy Andrews at 57kg, Oriance Lungu at 64kg and Deayandra Allen at 69kg are all due to take part in the quarter-finals in Nottingham.
It looks set to be an exciting time for boxers from the Haringey area as they all look to see their quests for national glory through to the end.