White Hart Lane’s Tshikeva wins London title
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden & Haringey
White Hart Lane’s Jeamie Tshikeva is the new London Elite champion at super heavyweight.
The 25-year-old beat Repton rival Franklin Ignatius by split decision in hotly-contested final.
Both boxers fought with an orthodox stance and relied on throwing single jabs, though Tshikeva did mix it up at times with overhand rights.
Ignatius, meanwhile, had a point taken off for persistent holding after being warned by the referee.
Tshikeva now progresses to the national quarter-finals which are due to take place in Nottingham.
The 25-year-old is set to be joined at the quarter-finals by a trio of boxers from Haringey Police.
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 4 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 7 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 8 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 9 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
Amy Andrews at 57kg, Oriance Lungu at 64kg and Deayandra Allen at 69kg are all due to take part in the quarter-finals in Nottingham.
It looks set to be an exciting time for boxers from the Haringey area as they all look to see their quests for national glory through to the end.