West Ham's Cho So-Hyun joins rivals Tottenham
- Credit: PA
West Ham United midfielder Cho So-Hyun has joined Tottenham Hotspur for the remainder of the season with an option to make the loan permanent.
Cho joined West Ham in January, 2019 and has made 33 appearances to date, including scoring the decisive spot-kick in their 2019 FA Cup semi-final penalty shootout win against Reading to take the team through to their first-ever final at Wembley.
Cho began her career at WK League side Suwon FMC before joining Incheon Hyundai Steel Red Angels in 2011, helping them to four WK League titles in six seasons.
The midfielder moved on loan to INAC Kobe Leonessa in Japan in January, 2016 where she went on to make 27 appearances, as well as scoring a vital penalty to seal victory in the 2016 Empress’s Cup.
Cho returned to Red Angels for a second spell a year later before joining Avaldsnes IL in the Norwegian top-flight in February, 2018.
You may also want to watch:
Cho featured 20 times in Toppserien, becoming the first female South Korea player to play in Norway.
The 32-year-old playmaker is one of South Korea’s most decorated women’s players and currently holds the record for most caps for the national team with 126, since making her debut in 2007.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
She was named captain for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup and led her country to the round of 16 for the first time in their history.
Subject to FA approval Cho will be eligible to play in our Barclays FA Women’s Super League match away at Chelsea this Sunday, 31 January.