Wembley Stadium looks forward and launches new identity
Three years after it re-opened, Wembley Stadium is gearing up for the next stage in its development by unveiling a new brand identity. The new identity will spearhead the venue s new four-year sponsorship programme, which will run from August this year to
Three years after it re-opened, Wembley Stadium is gearing up for the next stage in its development by unveiling a new brand identity.
The new identity will spearhead the venue's new four-year sponsorship programme, which will run from August this year to 2014. As part of the programme, Wembley is seeking a lead partner, at the apex of other 'Official Supporter' and 'Official Supplier' deals.
With increasing opportunities in digital and social media, the new identity has been designed for optimum use across these platforms. It also more accurately reflects the iconic status of the stadium for events like The FA Cup Final, the NFL International Series, music acts of monumental scale, the UEFA Champions League Final to be held at Wembley in 2011, and the football tournament of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The FA, which owns Wembley Stadium, appointed brand design consultancy Bulletproof to evolve the new Wembley identity. Bulletproof worked closely with The FA's in-house design studio and Wembley's marketing team.
You may also want to watch:
A strapline - inspiring � memories - has been introduced to further propel Wembley towards its vision of being the pre-eminent sports and entertainment venue in the UK. Each word has its own weight and together reflects the stadium's inspirational power over those lucky enough to play or spectate there.
"The new identity is an important part of our long-term strategy to drive even greater engagement with our Club Wembley members, commercial partners and huge spectator base" says The FA Group Head of Marketing Simon Freedman.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
"We are moving into a new stage in our lifecycle and the new identity is more reflective of the dynamic and multi-purpose nature of the stadium" says Wembley Managing Director Roger Maslin.
The new identity has already been embraced by UMBRO and Carlsberg, who have both renewed their Official Supporter agreements with Wembley for the 2010-14 period.