Wat a good day for Mo
HEATHSIDE'S Mohamed Mohamed enjoyed an impressive double performance at the Watford Open meeting last Wednesday. Mohamed ran 24.72 seconds in the 200m, and 54.81 in the 400m...
HEATHSIDE'S Mohamed Mohamed enjoyed an impressive double performance at the Watford Open meeting last Wednesday.
Mohamed ran 24.72 seconds in the 200m, and 54.81 in the 400m, while Sue Rust broke five minutes for the first time in the 1500m, crossing the line in 4:57.12.
It was the turn of the veterans to take centre stage over the weekend, with Robin Tremaine and Fiona Holland both picking up medals in the Fairlands Valley five-mile road race. Tremaine was third Herts over-50 veteran in 33:02, while Holland was the second over-45 with 39:32.
Meanwhile, at the Bala Olympic Distance triathlon in Wales, Ruth Miller overcame injury to finish in a creditable third place in her age category, with an overall time of 2:30.24.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Lemmon retained his British over-45 10,000m title with a club veterans record time of 33:36.78, while Adrian Essex put in an excellent performance in his debut decathalon to finish second in the over-55 category with 4,417 points.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath