Wat a good day for Mo
HEATHSIDE'S Mohamed Mohamed enjoyed an impressive double performance at the Watford Open meeting last Wednesday. Mohamed ran 24.72 seconds in the 200m, and 54.81 in the 400m...
HEATHSIDE'S Mohamed Mohamed enjoyed an impressive double performance at the Watford Open meeting last Wednesday.
Mohamed ran 24.72 seconds in the 200m, and 54.81 in the 400m, while Sue Rust broke five minutes for the first time in the 1500m, crossing the line in 4:57.12.
It was the turn of the veterans to take centre stage over the weekend, with Robin Tremaine and Fiona Holland both picking up medals in the Fairlands Valley five-mile road race. Tremaine was third Herts over-50 veteran in 33:02, while Holland was the second over-45 with 39:32.
Meanwhile, at the Bala Olympic Distance triathlon in Wales, Ruth Miller overcame injury to finish in a creditable third place in her age category, with an overall time of 2:30.24.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Lemmon retained his British over-45 10,000m title with a club veterans record time of 33:36.78, while Adrian Essex put in an excellent performance in his debut decathalon to finish second in the over-55 category with 4,417 points.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial