Wat a good day for Mo
HEATHSIDE'S Mohamed Mohamed enjoyed an impressive double performance at the Watford Open meeting last Wednesday. Mohamed ran 24.72 seconds in the 200m, and 54.81 in the 400m...
HEATHSIDE'S Mohamed Mohamed enjoyed an impressive double performance at the Watford Open meeting last Wednesday.
Mohamed ran 24.72 seconds in the 200m, and 54.81 in the 400m, while Sue Rust broke five minutes for the first time in the 1500m, crossing the line in 4:57.12.
It was the turn of the veterans to take centre stage over the weekend, with Robin Tremaine and Fiona Holland both picking up medals in the Fairlands Valley five-mile road race. Tremaine was third Herts over-50 veteran in 33:02, while Holland was the second over-45 with 39:32.
Meanwhile, at the Bala Olympic Distance triathlon in Wales, Ruth Miller overcame injury to finish in a creditable third place in her age category, with an overall time of 2:30.24.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Lemmon retained his British over-45 10,000m title with a club veterans record time of 33:36.78, while Adrian Essex put in an excellent performance in his debut decathalon to finish second in the over-55 category with 4,417 points.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park