Veras strikes gold for England at European Championships
- Credit: Archant
Haringey’s Luan Veras won gold for England at the European Karate Federation Under-21 Championships in Budapest.
Veras is the first England male cadet to win kumite gold in 10 years, helping the national team finish eighth in the medal table.
And that meant their best outcome since the 2013 event in Turkey, when they were second.
Brothers Liam and Luca Veras, Jack Gentili Walsh, Isaac Gibson, Lulu Brown, Keziah Daley Brown and Sam Mrabet have also been picked for England duty.
Veras Academy head coach Raphael Veras said: "They all have shown determination and dedication throughout the selection process and demonstrated abilities perfectly."
You may also want to watch:
The Veras brothers are looking for sponsors to help support their trips after the family had to turn down Luan's chance to compete at the 2019 WKF Cadet, Junior and Under-21 Championships in Chile.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 8 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 9 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up