Vase test for Town
KENTISH Town switch their attention back to cup action this weekend, as continue their FA Vase campaign against London Colney at Barnet Copthall. Town's brief return to the league...
KENTISH Town switch their attention back to cup action this weekend, as continue their FA Vase campaign against London Colney at Barnet Copthall.
Town's brief return to the league over the weekend after numerous other cup games resulted in a 2-1 defeat to Leverstock Green, and boss Rakatahr Hudson will be hoping his side can put that form aside for Saturday's clash.
A brave display in the FA Cup, which saw Town narrowly defeated at Burnham earlier this month, will have the home side confident they can repeat that level of performance, against a London Colney side flying high in the division below their hosts.
Town's league clash on Saturday got off to the worst possible start, with Town defender O'Connor deflecting a shot into his own net after just 36 seconds. Leverstock struck again on 32 minutes when a corner was swung to the back post, and Conway headed past Netanel Elraz.
You may also want to watch:
Town came racing out of the blocks in the second half, and Mariusz Serwin made it three goals in three games when he smashed a Morgan pass into the roof of the net. Two clear-cut chances for Fabion Simms followed, but neither found the back of the net.
New signing Jaiden Irish put in an impressive display, but the three points frustratingly slipped away.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury