Udal joins, but Keegan and Dazza depart
Former England off-spinner Shaun Udal has joined Middlesex for two seasons as new coach Toby Radford begins to shape his squad well ahead of the 2008 season. The former Hampshire player had verbally agreed to play for Berkshire next season in the Minor
Former England off-spinner Shaun Udal has joined Middlesex for two seasons as new coach Toby Radford begins to shape his squad well ahead of the 2008 season.
The former Hampshire player had verbally agreed to play for Berkshire next season in the Minor Counties Championship as part of his plans for 'retirement', until Middlesex stepped in with an offer.
The 37-year-old left Hampshire last season after 20 years of service.
However, good news has been tempered with bad, as current England all-rounder Jamie Dalrymple has decided to leave Middlesex in favour of Glamorgan.
You may also want to watch:
Dalrymple, 26, joined Middlesex as a student in 2001 and was selected by England to play One Day Internationals in 2006.
However, he has endured a moderate run of form since then and rejected the offer of a new contract to stay at the club.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
"I have had a wonderful time at Middlesex and have many friends there on and off the field," he said.
"However, the time was right to seek a fresh challenge and a new opportunity. It has been one of the most difficult decisions of my life."
Meanwhile, pace bowler Chad Keegan has been released from the club after seven years.