Udal joins, but Keegan and Dazza depart
Former England off-spinner Shaun Udal has joined Middlesex for two seasons as new coach Toby Radford begins to shape his squad well ahead of the 2008 season. The former Hampshire player had verbally agreed to play for Berkshire next season in the Minor
Former England off-spinner Shaun Udal has joined Middlesex for two seasons as new coach Toby Radford begins to shape his squad well ahead of the 2008 season.
The former Hampshire player had verbally agreed to play for Berkshire next season in the Minor Counties Championship as part of his plans for 'retirement', until Middlesex stepped in with an offer.
The 37-year-old left Hampshire last season after 20 years of service.
However, good news has been tempered with bad, as current England all-rounder Jamie Dalrymple has decided to leave Middlesex in favour of Glamorgan.
Dalrymple, 26, joined Middlesex as a student in 2001 and was selected by England to play One Day Internationals in 2006.
However, he has endured a moderate run of form since then and rejected the offer of a new contract to stay at the club.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 3 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 4 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 7 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 8 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 9 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 10 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
"I have had a wonderful time at Middlesex and have many friends there on and off the field," he said.
"However, the time was right to seek a fresh challenge and a new opportunity. It has been one of the most difficult decisions of my life."
Meanwhile, pace bowler Chad Keegan has been released from the club after seven years.