UCS want to avoid being stung at Wasps
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Old Boys beat Actonians 27-18 at home last weekend
UCS Old Boys visit Wasps in Herts/Middlesex One on Saturday, keen to build on a first win in five league matches last weekend.
Old Boys eased to a 27-18 success at home to bottom-club Actonians last Saturday, ending a run of four straight defeats in the league.
Harry Greenhall, Chris Bean, Stefan Filip and Corne van Vuuren all scored tries in the win for UCS.
By scoring four tries, Old Boys were able to collect the maximum five points on offer last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
It was a timely win for UCS as they collected a league win for the first time since beating Hendon on September 15.
The key for Old Boys now is to build on the win against Actonians by getting the better of Wasps on the road on Saturday.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
With Wasps currently fourth in the table, though, UCS may face a battle to avoid being stung in the league this weekend.
But buoyed by the victory over Actonians, Old Boys will surely fancy their chances again this Saturday.