UCS want to avoid being stung at Wasps
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Old Boys beat Actonians 27-18 at home last weekend
UCS Old Boys visit Wasps in Herts/Middlesex One on Saturday, keen to build on a first win in five league matches last weekend.
Old Boys eased to a 27-18 success at home to bottom-club Actonians last Saturday, ending a run of four straight defeats in the league.
Harry Greenhall, Chris Bean, Stefan Filip and Corne van Vuuren all scored tries in the win for UCS.
By scoring four tries, Old Boys were able to collect the maximum five points on offer last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
It was a timely win for UCS as they collected a league win for the first time since beating Hendon on September 15.
The key for Old Boys now is to build on the win against Actonians by getting the better of Wasps on the road on Saturday.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 5 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 10 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
With Wasps currently fourth in the table, though, UCS may face a battle to avoid being stung in the league this weekend.
But buoyed by the victory over Actonians, Old Boys will surely fancy their chances again this Saturday.