UCS Old Boys want to clean up at Staines
- Credit: Archant
Ranulf Road club lost 31-29 at Saracens Amateurs last weekend
UCS Old Boys will hope there is no late drama when they visit Staines in Herts/Middlesex One on Saturday.
The Ranulf Road club suffered a 31-29 loss at Saracens Amateurs last weekend after being stunned by a late fightback.
Tries from Hal Sparke (2), Sam Richardson and Liam Clarke, as well as nine points from the tee from Nat Breakwell, saw UCS lead 29-19 with four minutes remaining.
However, two late tries for Saracens saw Old Boys squander their advantage, though they did at least take two bonus points for losing by less than seven points and scoring four tries.
You may also want to watch:
The Ranulf Road club will want to hold on to any advantage should they find themselves in such a position at Staines.
UCS will hope to inflict further woe on Staines, who have won just one match this season, though that success did come on their own ground.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
Old Boys will want to ensure it is they who triumph on Saturday.