UCS Old Boys want to clean up at Staines
- Credit: Archant
Ranulf Road club lost 31-29 at Saracens Amateurs last weekend
UCS Old Boys will hope there is no late drama when they visit Staines in Herts/Middlesex One on Saturday.
The Ranulf Road club suffered a 31-29 loss at Saracens Amateurs last weekend after being stunned by a late fightback.
Tries from Hal Sparke (2), Sam Richardson and Liam Clarke, as well as nine points from the tee from Nat Breakwell, saw UCS lead 29-19 with four minutes remaining.
However, two late tries for Saracens saw Old Boys squander their advantage, though they did at least take two bonus points for losing by less than seven points and scoring four tries.
The Ranulf Road club will want to hold on to any advantage should they find themselves in such a position at Staines.
UCS will hope to inflict further woe on Staines, who have won just one match this season, though that success did come on their own ground.
- 1 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 2 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 3 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 4 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 5 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 6 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 7 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 8 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 9 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 10 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
Old Boys will want to ensure it is they who triumph on Saturday.