UCS seek return to winning ways against Saracens Amateurs
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys beaten 68-5 away to Finsbury Park last weekend
UCS Old Boys host Saracens Amateurs in Herts/Middlesex One on Saturday, keen to avoid a third straight defeat in the league.
Old Boys started 2019 in disappointing fashion with a 68-5 defeat away to high-flying Finsbury Park last weekend.
The only try for UCS came in the first half as Nat Breakwell crossed in the corner after good work from skipper Chris Bean.
Despite the score, Old Boys gave a determined display that offered some positives for them to work with in training this week.
You may also want to watch:
At home to Saracens Amateurs, UCS will be facing the team directly below them in the table with two points currently splitting the sides.
When the teams last met in September, Old Boys suffered a narrow 31-29 defeat on the road.
- 1 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 2 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 3 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 4 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 5 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block
- 6 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 7 Quality Indian take-away fresh from Crouch End's 'Bazaar'
- 8 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 9 Home of the Week: Four bedroom maisonette with period features for sale in Belsize Park
- 10 81-year-old paints her way to fourth book since lockdown
That game and the current league standings certainly point to Saturday’s match being another tight affair between the two teams.
UCS will hope they can do what they need to in order to win this weekend and claim a much-needed success.