UCS seek return to winning ways against Saracens Amateurs
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys beaten 68-5 away to Finsbury Park last weekend
UCS Old Boys host Saracens Amateurs in Herts/Middlesex One on Saturday, keen to avoid a third straight defeat in the league.
Old Boys started 2019 in disappointing fashion with a 68-5 defeat away to high-flying Finsbury Park last weekend.
The only try for UCS came in the first half as Nat Breakwell crossed in the corner after good work from skipper Chris Bean.
Despite the score, Old Boys gave a determined display that offered some positives for them to work with in training this week.
You may also want to watch:
At home to Saracens Amateurs, UCS will be facing the team directly below them in the table with two points currently splitting the sides.
When the teams last met in September, Old Boys suffered a narrow 31-29 defeat on the road.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
- 10 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
That game and the current league standings certainly point to Saturday’s match being another tight affair between the two teams.
UCS will hope they can do what they need to in order to win this weekend and claim a much-needed success.