UCS want to continue perfect start at home to Finsbury Park
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys won 35-29 at Hendon last weekend
UCS Old Boys bid to continue their perfect start to the new Herts/Middlesex One season when they play host to Finsbury Park on Saturday.
Old Boys made it two wins from two last weekend with a 35-29 victory away to Hendon.
Against the Greelands Lane club, Nat Breakwell, Ahmad Ghanem, Corne Jansen van Vuuren and Sam Richardson all dotted down.
Van Vuuren was also on form from the tee, adding a further 15 points with his boot in the triumph.
Victory over Hendon is likely to have provided the squad with another early-season confidence boost.
The success means UCS are just one of three sides to have taken maximum points in their first two games, along with Wasps and St Albans.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 4 Camden councillors set to give themselves a pay rise
- 5 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 6 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 7 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 8 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 9 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 10 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
With Finsbury Park having won both of their opening two games, collecting a solitary bonus point in the process, they will still offer a stern test on Saturday.
And Old Boys will no doubt just be happy to come through with their unbeaten record still in tact.