UCS hope to end poor form by beating Actonians
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Old Boys lost 38-3 away to Hitchin last Saturday
UCS Old Boys will hope to avoid a fifth straight loss in Herts/Middlesex One when they play host to bottom-club Actonians on Saturday.
Old Boys suffered a disappointing afternoon on their last outing, going down 38-3 away to Hitchin.
UCS had started well thanks to an early penalty from Corne van Vuuren, but that was as good as things got for them at Hitchin.
The defeat means Old Boys have lost each of their last four matches in the division, a run of form that has seen them drop to 10th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
UCS will want to arrest that slide on Saturday when they welcome Actonians for their next league encounter.
With Actonians currently bottom of the table, Old Boys will fancy their chances of ending their rotten run with a victory.
- 1 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 2 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 Lockdown easing 'super positive' for West Hampstead shops
- 8 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 9 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 10 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
Actonians are also yet to win in six league outings this term, something that will also likely give UCS a boost.
And if they can end their poor run of form, Old Boys will hope it is the start of their ascent up the table.