UCS hope to end poor form by beating Actonians
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Old Boys lost 38-3 away to Hitchin last Saturday
UCS Old Boys will hope to avoid a fifth straight loss in Herts/Middlesex One when they play host to bottom-club Actonians on Saturday.
Old Boys suffered a disappointing afternoon on their last outing, going down 38-3 away to Hitchin.
UCS had started well thanks to an early penalty from Corne van Vuuren, but that was as good as things got for them at Hitchin.
The defeat means Old Boys have lost each of their last four matches in the division, a run of form that has seen them drop to 10th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
UCS will want to arrest that slide on Saturday when they welcome Actonians for their next league encounter.
With Actonians currently bottom of the table, Old Boys will fancy their chances of ending their rotten run with a victory.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 5 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
Actonians are also yet to win in six league outings this term, something that will also likely give UCS a boost.
And if they can end their poor run of form, Old Boys will hope it is the start of their ascent up the table.