UCS hope to end poor form by beating Actonians
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Old Boys lost 38-3 away to Hitchin last Saturday
UCS Old Boys will hope to avoid a fifth straight loss in Herts/Middlesex One when they play host to bottom-club Actonians on Saturday.
Old Boys suffered a disappointing afternoon on their last outing, going down 38-3 away to Hitchin.
UCS had started well thanks to an early penalty from Corne van Vuuren, but that was as good as things got for them at Hitchin.
The defeat means Old Boys have lost each of their last four matches in the division, a run of form that has seen them drop to 10th in the table.
UCS will want to arrest that slide on Saturday when they welcome Actonians for their next league encounter.
With Actonians currently bottom of the table, Old Boys will fancy their chances of ending their rotten run with a victory.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 3 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 4 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 5 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 7 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 8 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 9 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 10 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
Actonians are also yet to win in six league outings this term, something that will also likely give UCS a boost.
And if they can end their poor run of form, Old Boys will hope it is the start of their ascent up the table.