UCS hope to end poor form by beating Actonians
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Old Boys lost 38-3 away to Hitchin last Saturday
UCS Old Boys will hope to avoid a fifth straight loss in Herts/Middlesex One when they play host to bottom-club Actonians on Saturday.
Old Boys suffered a disappointing afternoon on their last outing, going down 38-3 away to Hitchin.
UCS had started well thanks to an early penalty from Corne van Vuuren, but that was as good as things got for them at Hitchin.
The defeat means Old Boys have lost each of their last four matches in the division, a run of form that has seen them drop to 10th in the table.
You may also want to watch:
UCS will want to arrest that slide on Saturday when they welcome Actonians for their next league encounter.
With Actonians currently bottom of the table, Old Boys will fancy their chances of ending their rotten run with a victory.
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 5 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 9 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 10 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
Actonians are also yet to win in six league outings this term, something that will also likely give UCS a boost.
And if they can end their poor run of form, Old Boys will hope it is the start of their ascent up the table.