UCS Old Boys clean up against Staines
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: UCS Old Boys 34 Staines 5
UCS Old Boys made it back-to-back wins in Herts/Middlesex One with a 34-5 victory at home to Staines.
The previous meeting between the sides in October saw Old Boys on the wrong end of a 15-12 score and they were determined to avenge that previous result.
UCS began well and held a 15-0 advantage at the break courtesy of tries from Nick Arnold, Ben Brooks and Sam Richardson.
Though Staines nabbed the first try of the second half, Henry Day and Hal Sparke both dotted down before Brooks added his second of the match.
You may also want to watch:
Corne Jansen Van Vuuren, meanwhile, finished with two conversions in the match as UCS celebrated another win.
Old Boys will hope to have that winning feeling again when they return to action on February 9 at home to title hopefuls Hitchin.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 3 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 4 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 5 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
When the sides met back in October, UCS were beaten 38-3 away from home and they will hope for a closer game this time around.