UCS Old Boys clean up against Staines
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: UCS Old Boys 34 Staines 5
UCS Old Boys made it back-to-back wins in Herts/Middlesex One with a 34-5 victory at home to Staines.
The previous meeting between the sides in October saw Old Boys on the wrong end of a 15-12 score and they were determined to avenge that previous result.
UCS began well and held a 15-0 advantage at the break courtesy of tries from Nick Arnold, Ben Brooks and Sam Richardson.
Though Staines nabbed the first try of the second half, Henry Day and Hal Sparke both dotted down before Brooks added his second of the match.
Corne Jansen Van Vuuren, meanwhile, finished with two conversions in the match as UCS celebrated another win.
Old Boys will hope to have that winning feeling again when they return to action on February 9 at home to title hopefuls Hitchin.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
When the sides met back in October, UCS were beaten 38-3 away from home and they will hope for a closer game this time around.