UCS Old Boys clean up against Staines
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: UCS Old Boys 34 Staines 5
UCS Old Boys made it back-to-back wins in Herts/Middlesex One with a 34-5 victory at home to Staines.
The previous meeting between the sides in October saw Old Boys on the wrong end of a 15-12 score and they were determined to avenge that previous result.
UCS began well and held a 15-0 advantage at the break courtesy of tries from Nick Arnold, Ben Brooks and Sam Richardson.
Though Staines nabbed the first try of the second half, Henry Day and Hal Sparke both dotted down before Brooks added his second of the match.
You may also want to watch:
Corne Jansen Van Vuuren, meanwhile, finished with two conversions in the match as UCS celebrated another win.
Old Boys will hope to have that winning feeling again when they return to action on February 9 at home to title hopefuls Hitchin.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 5 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 6 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
When the sides met back in October, UCS were beaten 38-3 away from home and they will hope for a closer game this time around.