UCS Old Boys clean up against Staines
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: UCS Old Boys 34 Staines 5
UCS Old Boys made it back-to-back wins in Herts/Middlesex One with a 34-5 victory at home to Staines.
The previous meeting between the sides in October saw Old Boys on the wrong end of a 15-12 score and they were determined to avenge that previous result.
UCS began well and held a 15-0 advantage at the break courtesy of tries from Nick Arnold, Ben Brooks and Sam Richardson.
Though Staines nabbed the first try of the second half, Henry Day and Hal Sparke both dotted down before Brooks added his second of the match.
You may also want to watch:
Corne Jansen Van Vuuren, meanwhile, finished with two conversions in the match as UCS celebrated another win.
Old Boys will hope to have that winning feeling again when they return to action on February 9 at home to title hopefuls Hitchin.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 6 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 7 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 10 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader
When the sides met back in October, UCS were beaten 38-3 away from home and they will hope for a closer game this time around.