Late Dawson try hands UCS success over St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: UCS Old Boys 20 St Albans 19
UCS Old Boys secured a thrilling 20-19 success at home to St Albans in Herts/Middlesex One thanks to a last-gasp try from Matt Dawson.
The match was played in sunny, but blustery conditions at Old Boys’ temporary home in Regents’ Park.
UCS started well and were in complete control in the first half as tries from Sam Richardson, Dawson and Hal Sparke saw them race into a 15-0 lead.
Towards the end of the first period, though, Old Boys’ discipline waned which allowed St Albans to make it 15-7.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors grew in confidence after the break and scored two more tries to move 19-15 ahead with less than 10 minutes remaining.
Rather than go into their shells, UCS came out fighting as they looked for a route to success.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 5 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 6 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 7 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 8 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 9 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
And after patiently waiting for a chance to arise, Dawson dived over one-handed in the corner to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat for Old Boys.