Late Dawson try hands UCS success over St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: UCS Old Boys 20 St Albans 19
UCS Old Boys secured a thrilling 20-19 success at home to St Albans in Herts/Middlesex One thanks to a last-gasp try from Matt Dawson.
The match was played in sunny, but blustery conditions at Old Boys’ temporary home in Regents’ Park.
UCS started well and were in complete control in the first half as tries from Sam Richardson, Dawson and Hal Sparke saw them race into a 15-0 lead.
Towards the end of the first period, though, Old Boys’ discipline waned which allowed St Albans to make it 15-7.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors grew in confidence after the break and scored two more tries to move 19-15 ahead with less than 10 minutes remaining.
Rather than go into their shells, UCS came out fighting as they looked for a route to success.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
And after patiently waiting for a chance to arise, Dawson dived over one-handed in the corner to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat for Old Boys.