Late Dawson try hands UCS success over St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: UCS Old Boys 20 St Albans 19
UCS Old Boys secured a thrilling 20-19 success at home to St Albans in Herts/Middlesex One thanks to a last-gasp try from Matt Dawson.
The match was played in sunny, but blustery conditions at Old Boys’ temporary home in Regents’ Park.
UCS started well and were in complete control in the first half as tries from Sam Richardson, Dawson and Hal Sparke saw them race into a 15-0 lead.
Towards the end of the first period, though, Old Boys’ discipline waned which allowed St Albans to make it 15-7.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors grew in confidence after the break and scored two more tries to move 19-15 ahead with less than 10 minutes remaining.
Rather than go into their shells, UCS came out fighting as they looked for a route to success.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
And after patiently waiting for a chance to arise, Dawson dived over one-handed in the corner to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat for Old Boys.