UCS claim first win of New Year with success over Saracens Amateurs
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: UCS Old Boys 18 Saracens Amateurs 10
UCS Old Boys collected a first win of 2019 with an 18-10 success againstto Saracens Amateurs in Herts/Middlesex One.
Old Boys started brightly against Saracens, with Hal Sparke crossing for the opening try in just the eighth minute.
Though the Amateurs pulled to within two points with a penalty, a converted Tom Arnold try saw UCS lead 10-3 at half-time.
A penalty from Corne Jansen van Vuuren early in the second half then saw UCS move more than a score clear of their rivals to take a real hold on proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
With 10 minutes remaining, Harry Mann barged his way over from close range to all but seal the win for Old Boys.
Saracens crossed for a try in the final minute of the match that was converted, but it ultimately proved to be little more than a consolation.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 6 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 7 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 8 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
The game was played some way past its 80-minute duration with both sides chasing a bonus point, but sadly it ended with no further scores.