UCS claim first win of New Year with success over Saracens Amateurs
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: UCS Old Boys 18 Saracens Amateurs 10
UCS Old Boys collected a first win of 2019 with an 18-10 success againstto Saracens Amateurs in Herts/Middlesex One.
Old Boys started brightly against Saracens, with Hal Sparke crossing for the opening try in just the eighth minute.
Though the Amateurs pulled to within two points with a penalty, a converted Tom Arnold try saw UCS lead 10-3 at half-time.
A penalty from Corne Jansen van Vuuren early in the second half then saw UCS move more than a score clear of their rivals to take a real hold on proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
With 10 minutes remaining, Harry Mann barged his way over from close range to all but seal the win for Old Boys.
Saracens crossed for a try in the final minute of the match that was converted, but it ultimately proved to be little more than a consolation.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 5 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 6 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins reader's favourite restaurant
- 10 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
The game was played some way past its 80-minute duration with both sides chasing a bonus point, but sadly it ended with no further scores.