UCS claim first win of New Year with success over Saracens Amateurs
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: UCS Old Boys 18 Saracens Amateurs 10
UCS Old Boys collected a first win of 2019 with an 18-10 success againstto Saracens Amateurs in Herts/Middlesex One.
Old Boys started brightly against Saracens, with Hal Sparke crossing for the opening try in just the eighth minute.
Though the Amateurs pulled to within two points with a penalty, a converted Tom Arnold try saw UCS lead 10-3 at half-time.
A penalty from Corne Jansen van Vuuren early in the second half then saw UCS move more than a score clear of their rivals to take a real hold on proceedings.
You may also want to watch:
With 10 minutes remaining, Harry Mann barged his way over from close range to all but seal the win for Old Boys.
Saracens crossed for a try in the final minute of the match that was converted, but it ultimately proved to be little more than a consolation.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 6 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 7 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 10 Eleven things to do at the 2021 Highgate Festival
The game was played some way past its 80-minute duration with both sides chasing a bonus point, but sadly it ended with no further scores.