Two Harriers finish in first 10 of 5k road race
Highgate Harriers Chris Beecham finished second in the Chartered Great City 5k race road race in London last week. Chris Beecham, running for Practical Law Company, ran 15mins 32secs. Another Harrier, Shane Snow (16mins12secs), running for Transport Dir
Highgate Harriers' Chris Beecham finished second in the Chartered Great City 5k race road race in London last week.
Chris Beecham, running for Practical Law Company, ran 15mins 32secs. Another Harrier, Shane Snow (16mins12secs), running for Transport Direct-MED, was ninth.
The fifth woman home was ex-international hurdler and Highgate stalwart Gowry Hodge (Dundee & Wilson).
Meanwhile, in the Jubilee Cup at Copthall Stadium on Saturday, Finbarr Ricketts came fifth in the 100m while Ron Smith was sixth in the 400m. There were seventh places for Mathew Dore-Weeks in the 110m hurdles and Kristian Clarke in the 200m. In the women's section Hannah Ashman was sixth in both the 1,500m and the long jump as was Millie Celeste in the javelin.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Chris Bailey came 30th - and first over-40 vet - in the BUPA Great City Run in Hyde Park. John O'Shea was 84th.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses