Trophy campaign opens with home game against Scotland
Middlesex open their Friends Provident Trophy campaign with a home game against Scotland at Lord s on Sunday, writes Patrick Mooney. Then, on Tuesday Shaun Udal s side make the short trip to Southgate for their second County Championship fixture against
Middlesex open their Friends Provident Trophy campaign with a home game against Scotland at Lord's on Sunday, writes Patrick Mooney.
Then, on Tuesday Shaun Udal's side make the short trip to Southgate for their second County Championship fixture against Leicestershire.
Udal was misled by an initial tinge of green in the Lord's pitch on Wednesday and opted to field first in Middlesex's opening Championship clash against Glamorgan.
And he was left to squirm as the visitor's Mark Cosgrove took charge. The 24-year-old upstaged fellow Aussie left-hander Phil Hughes on his Middlesex debut at Lord's, hammering 17 boundaries in his 120. Cosgrove was backed by half-centuries from Mark Wallace (58 not out) and Mike Powell (51) in Glamorgan's 351-6 at the close.
You may also want to watch:
Glamorgan are being skippered by former Middlesex favourite Jamie Dalrymple.
England captain Andrew Strauss has opted to net at Lord's this week, and will start his playing season against Leicestershire on Tuesday.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate