Trophy campaign opens with home game against Scotland
Middlesex open their Friends Provident Trophy campaign with a home game against Scotland at Lord s on Sunday, writes Patrick Mooney. Then, on Tuesday Shaun Udal s side make the short trip to Southgate for their second County Championship fixture against
Middlesex open their Friends Provident Trophy campaign with a home game against Scotland at Lord's on Sunday, writes Patrick Mooney.
Then, on Tuesday Shaun Udal's side make the short trip to Southgate for their second County Championship fixture against Leicestershire.
Udal was misled by an initial tinge of green in the Lord's pitch on Wednesday and opted to field first in Middlesex's opening Championship clash against Glamorgan.
And he was left to squirm as the visitor's Mark Cosgrove took charge. The 24-year-old upstaged fellow Aussie left-hander Phil Hughes on his Middlesex debut at Lord's, hammering 17 boundaries in his 120. Cosgrove was backed by half-centuries from Mark Wallace (58 not out) and Mike Powell (51) in Glamorgan's 351-6 at the close.
You may also want to watch:
Glamorgan are being skippered by former Middlesex favourite Jamie Dalrymple.
England captain Andrew Strauss has opted to net at Lord's this week, and will start his playing season against Leicestershire on Tuesday.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'