Trophy campaign opens with home game against Scotland
Middlesex open their Friends Provident Trophy campaign with a home game against Scotland at Lord s on Sunday, writes Patrick Mooney. Then, on Tuesday Shaun Udal s side make the short trip to Southgate for their second County Championship fixture against
Middlesex open their Friends Provident Trophy campaign with a home game against Scotland at Lord's on Sunday, writes Patrick Mooney.
Then, on Tuesday Shaun Udal's side make the short trip to Southgate for their second County Championship fixture against Leicestershire.
Udal was misled by an initial tinge of green in the Lord's pitch on Wednesday and opted to field first in Middlesex's opening Championship clash against Glamorgan.
And he was left to squirm as the visitor's Mark Cosgrove took charge. The 24-year-old upstaged fellow Aussie left-hander Phil Hughes on his Middlesex debut at Lord's, hammering 17 boundaries in his 120. Cosgrove was backed by half-centuries from Mark Wallace (58 not out) and Mike Powell (51) in Glamorgan's 351-6 at the close.
You may also want to watch:
Glamorgan are being skippered by former Middlesex favourite Jamie Dalrymple.
England captain Andrew Strauss has opted to net at Lord's this week, and will start his playing season against Leicestershire on Tuesday.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres